Study tips for year11. (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
Hi
I am starting my preliminary course next year and I would like to know your study tips based on the subjects I am doing.
Thankyou

Twickel

HSC
Has anyone studied the Aspern papers and the turn of the screw for English advanced? I am interested in this book.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
For "Study", just keep up with notes in your subjects. do ur maths hw.

thats all thats required of yr 11.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Cram if necessary.

For MX1, get yourself familiarised with a wide range of questions, and just practise.

For the three sciences, make sure your notes and practicals are up to date. Know how to structure your answers for the long response questions in your exams next year.

English: Just know your texts well, and know how to be flexible when it comes down to doing creative writing.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Keep up to date with your homework.
Start assessments ASAP.
Plan your time.
Don't stress once year 11 is over it doesn't count for anything but is good practice.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
pritnep said:
Keep up to date with your homework.
Start assessments ASAP.
Plan your time.
Don't stress once year 11 is over it doesn't count for anything but is good practice.
What about 30% of mathematics preliminary? :) That counts.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
30% of preliminary will be in your HSC exam. Your Year 11 marks don't count. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

shona1990

HSC
babikakez said:
Looking back on year 11, I probably could have done so much better if I had done my maths homework. This applies for all levels of maths - no exceptions.
Agreed!

I could have done so well in maths... But I didn't.. :(

Twickel

HSC
Hey guys I know I stuffed up my SC bad, I know for sure I got band2s and band3s aslo did bad in my second semester school report, but I have a reason it is personal and I know thats why I did not do well, also the fact that I was out of Australia for 6weeks due to another personal matter. I did well in my first semester then I just dropped in the 2nd I had so many problems all at once.
I know I will do better next year so far all but one of the problems have been solved.
Does it really matter about my SC marks?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Twickel said:
Hey guys I know I stuffed up my SC bad, I know for sure I got band2s and band3s aslo did bad in my second semester school report, but I have a reason it is personal and I know thats why I did not do well, also the fact that I was out of Australia for 6weeks due to another personal matter. I did well in my first semester then I just dropped in the 2nd I had so many problems all at once.
I know I will do better next year so far all but one of the problems have been solved.
Does it really matter about my SC marks?
No.

RedZenith

HSC
The really important thing in Science is that you cover absolutely everything in your notes. Luckily science isn't about rhetoric, grammar, and it isn't as heavy on logic as maths. It's just facts, and if you've got that you've got everything. So note down everything your teacher says in class, then compile all your notes as the exams near. There'll always be those tricky questions which rely on information in a little corner of the textbook

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
For science - structure your answers and notes as you would in an exam, they'll never ask you to write essays, and normally when you answer questions you can answer them in dot point form, that is one point then another then summarise it fairly quickly.

Maths - nerh, do your homework, and when your school provides past papers, do them, that's all you need for year 11.

english - fuck it, don't bother (bias hate for english)

For year 11, it is a good thing to get into the habit, but don't let good marks make your head big, as nothing contributes to your HSC.

And for the last time, Year 11 does NOT count ANYTHING in your HSC. The content will be examined on (only a bit) but the marks gained in year 11 are nothing but indicator of how you can improve.

Good look fellas.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Just pay attention in class and read over your notes.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Kujah said:
30% of preliminary will be in your HSC exam. Your Year 11 marks don't count. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
That's right Kujah :) I meant that 30% of preliminary content will be in the HSC for mathematics, not 30% of your preliminary marks goes towards the HSC. My bad :rofl:

Twickel

HSC
OK cool, so about the SC no worrys?

Thanks for all your advice everyone.

Foxodi

HSC
The most valueable thing to know in year 11 IMO, is that (at least for my subjects), you dont need to know the year 11 content to understand the year 12 content (Business studies, software, modern.... pfft easy concepts), soooo basically cram study yr 11 stuff the night b4 exams - But I'd go the extra step and actually study the year 12 stuff now :)

IMTB

HSC
do ur hw. pay attention in class. and have some guides/books on hand to act as a referance when u need it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)