study tips + motivation <3 (1 Viewer)

Hiheyhello

HSC
Just shift your official wake up time to meet the sleep necessities... You stick to that, you'll get the kip you need whilst avoiding that 'oh shit the day's gone' mentality... That's why I'm able to wake up at 11am but still feel there's enough hours in the day, as I stay up til the early hours of the morning...
but wouldn't it take a while to adjust?
and then it would stuff you up for school hours...

stressedadfff

HSC
if i wake up past 8 my brain says: it's too late, don't even bother, you've already lost half of the day so there's no point in trying anymore just give up.

and that's how i've fallen into the habit of setting my alarm for 5 and snoozing it till 6:30 and overall not meeting the recommended sleep requirements
wait what time do you sleep tho, i dont understand how my friends sleep at 4-5 and are awake by 9 studying 14hrs tf is wrong with them :(

stressedadfff

HSC
Just shift your official wake up time to meet the sleep necessities... You stick to that, you'll get the kip you need whilst avoiding that 'oh shit the day's gone' mentality... That's why I'm able to wake up at 11am but still feel there's enough hours in the day, as I stay up til the early hours of the morning...
what time are you up til

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
wait what time do you sleep tho, i dont understand how my friends sleep at 4-5 and are awake by 9 studying 14hrs tf is wrong with them :(
19 hours a day is way too much time spent on study at year 12 level. Perhaps your friends are either procrastinating throughout the day, forcing them to compensate for the time they lost by staying up late, or that they are having naps throughout the day - something I occasionally do but at university level. I never had to do this for my HSC (the maximum I did was 13 hours).

stressedadfff

HSC
19 hours a day is way too much time spent on study at year 12 level. Perhaps your friends are either procrastinating throughout the day, forcing them to compensate for the time they lost by staying up late, or that they are having naps throughout the day - something I occasionally do but at university level. I never had to do this for my HSC (the maximum I did was 13 hours).
oh nooo not 19, 14! they literally have one hour dedicated to eat and thats it, so demotivating that i need 8 hours of sleep to function :(

stressedadfff

HSC
Honestly, not nearly as much as a lot of you folk. 6-8h is a good day for me, sometimes I can dip around 4.
thats reasonable especially if you dead studying and in the zone rather than forcing yourself

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
oh nooo not 19, 14! they literally have one hour dedicated to eat and thats it, so demotivating that i need 8 hours of sleep to function :(
Something doesn't add up...

Sleeping at 4-5 am then waking up at 9am, then studying for the rest of the day = 19 hours (18 if we subtract the 1 hour dedicated for eating).

stressedadfff

HSC
Something doesn't add up...

Sleeping at 4-5 am then waking up at 9am, then studying for the rest of the day = 19 hours (18 if we subtract the 1 hour dedicated for eating).
LMAO obviously they don’t study 14 hours straight that’s just like their goals and what not like throughout the entire day be productive but definitely not straight pen to paper for that long HAHAHAHA

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
LMAO obviosuly they don’t study 14 hours straight that’s just like their goals and what not like throughout the entire day be productive but definitely not straight pen to paper for that long HAHAHAHA
I don't think you're getting my point. Regardless, an effective straight 14 hours of study with no breaks is not physically possible as you mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)