study tips (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
it's in the NSW hsc 2005 forum where it says "what uai did you get?" i read it and all of the people got >90 , i was like totally stoked, they all make it look so easy to get >90

Last edited:
HSC
yoakim said:
it's in the NSW hsc 2005 forum where it says "what uai did you get?" i read it and all of the people got >90 , i was like totally stoked, they all make it look so easy to get >90
i fcuking reckon. that better because of the influence of bos.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I learnt in the memory and learning part of our foundations of pharmacy unit today that there are different types of learners! (obviously) but we had a quiz thingy which we attempted to see what sort of learners we are. I dunno if you can get it online but definitely it'd be good for you--it's called Learning Styles.

After you attempt the quiz, it will tell you what sort of a learner you are. There are four main types:

1. Visual/non-verbal--you learn best by reading, summarising, and generally you will be able to 'visualise' the appropriate page of notes in response to an exam question. Colours help--highlighting, etc. Graphs, diagrams etc are the way to go. Flashcards may also help.
2. Visual/verbal--you learn best by summarising, writing down explanations as you go along, and will generally like to be directed by some sort of an outline during lessons, lectures, etc. Summarising on the computer then printing out and reabsorbing that info is given as a handy hint on the program.
3. Tactile/kinetic--you will learn best by pacing up and down and studying, or doing something physical of the like, while studying. This includes making models physically, etc.
4. Auditory--you learn best through tape recordings, having people read out your notes to you, reciting aloud while you're writing your notes, etc.

I was interested to see that I was both a visual/non-verbal learner and a visual/verbal learner. I use auditory techniques sometimes though--reading aloud when writing down stuff. Generally, a mixture of the above will optimise performance if your strengths are in more than one area, like me.

Hope that helped, you can always google these learning styles.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
lala2 said:
I learnt in the memory and learning part of our foundations of pharmacy unit today that there are different types of learners! (obviously) but we had a quiz thingy which we attempted to see what sort of learners we are. I dunno if you can get it online but definitely it'd be good for you--it's called Learning Styles.

After you attempt the quiz, it will tell you what sort of a learner you are. There are four main types:

1. Visual/non-verbal--you learn best by reading, summarising, and generally you will be able to 'visualise' the appropriate page of notes in response to an exam question. Colours help--highlighting, etc. Graphs, diagrams etc are the way to go. Flashcards may also help.
2. Visual/verbal--you learn best by summarising, writing down explanations as you go along, and will generally like to be directed by some sort of an outline during lessons, lectures, etc. Summarising on the computer then printing out and reabsorbing that info is given as a handy hint on the program.
3. Tactile/kinetic--you will learn best by pacing up and down and studying, or doing something physical of the like, while studying. This includes making models physically, etc.
4. Auditory--you learn best through tape recordings, having people read out your notes to you, reciting aloud while you're writing your notes, etc.

I was interested to see that I was both a visual/non-verbal learner and a visual/verbal learner. I use auditory techniques sometimes though--reading aloud when writing down stuff. Generally, a mixture of the above will optimise performance if your strengths are in more than one area, like me.

Hope that helped, you can always google these learning styles.
yeah i've got a whole booklet on that... and im a visul/verbal learner, hence i use highlighters, mindmaps, tables, charts, headings, arrows all over etc

LPangel

HSC
chicken1111 said:
whoops 4got to put it up there follow this link

:uhhuh:

http://sharnz.abseiler.hop.clickbank.net

plzzz tell me some of the points coz i cant afford it..i seriosuly cant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)