Study (1 Viewer)

Julz_012

HSC
My teachers have said that most HSC students are studying about 3 hours per night. is it true? i'm doing nowhere near it and i'm worried.

HSC
it depends on where you are (ie. a few weeks prior exams) and the subects

i saw your profile:
Academic Programme:
english adv. physics, chemistry, german, german extension, maths, maths extension 1 & 2

well by the looks of that, you should be doing at least 3 hours!! i was doing SDD/IT/gen maths/stnd eng/chem and even when its really quiet (no exams or anything) I was doing about 2 hours (and they are much easier subjects)

P

pLuvia

It is recommended yes, I do about 2-3 hours a day

Last edited by a moderator:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Nope, it includes actually STUDY and that is what people have to realise the difference between homework and study.

In the leadup to exams I strive for at least 1-2+ hours of study a night any less and it is sometimes not worth it.

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
it really depends - if you need to read something and practise it many times then do all the study you can.

Basically study hard and study enough that you feel confident you can achieve your goal

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol i didnt really study during the year. only a few days before half yearlys/assessments/hsc exams.

i was too lazy. but i got where i wanted to be now. :)

Always

HSC
3 hours/night of schoolwork sounds a little excessive...

I guess it depends on your workload. I'm on 11 units and I find that 2 hrs/night is PLENTY. Though when I'm approaching the exam period I go out less and study a little more on the weekends.

As they say, it's QUALITY over quantity. Too much can be futile.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Always said:
3 hours/night of schoolwork sounds a little excessive...

I guess it depends on your workload. I'm on 11 units and I find that 2 hrs/night is PLENTY. Though when I'm approaching the exam period I go out less and study a little more on the weekends.

As they say, it's QUALITY over quantity. Too much can be futile.
It depends on the person really. for me i find 2/3hrs of schoolwork a night is nothing as it takes me longer to grasp concepts and understand things. also because my time management is terrible but it's improving.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
3hrs study on top of homework is good stuff, provided you're concentrating and putting your best into the study.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
when I try to study, I either get a big headache and then stop studying, or I just give up and go on the net. Does anyone else do something similar or is it just me:confused:
your not alone ! but for me its not really a headache its just boredem. so now what i do is when i get bored of studying for a subject i quickly change it to another subject so i don't lose the 'study mood' im in. you should try that it works great for me. wish i did it earlier ><" also now i try my hardest not to give up anymore or say that ill do work later in the day because i won't end up doing it. in year 11 it was a different story though lol

Last edited:

Sam.

bored.
HSC
So you guys are saying the average time each night is 2-3hrs study + homework? At non-exam times?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Sam. said:
So you guys are saying the average time each night is 2-3hrs study + homework? At non-exam times?
If your not in an exam block 2-3hrs of study + hw is fine. but if you are in an exam block ill recommend about 4-5 hours of study+hw but thats only for me.

aek

Banned
HSC
i was just wondering .. is there any pills to keep a person awake for longer periods, let's say to the point of a sleepless nite.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
aek said:
i was just wondering .. is there any pills to keep a person awake for longer periods, let's say to the point of a sleepless nite.
Drink V or Redbull ! water is still the best though.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
aek said:
Why don't you study BEFORE the exams, not just the night before, so that you actually remember what you studied come exam time?

Hey, now THAT'S a thought.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's hard to get yourself motivated and studying early, I try to get some study done within a week of the exams but I always have to "finish it off" the night before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)