• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
so i am just curious to know how much study you people do each night e.g. how long are your blocks, how much you allocate for each subject.

And also when is everyone planning on just focusing on trial study (not for other assesments) im thinking about week 3 for me, since ive only just had half yearlies

HSC
I studied last night for business for trials. lol only cause i suck. Cant wait till i burn out~~~

selablad

HSC
Blocks?

I just do whatever needs to be done, in vague order of priority and what I feel like doing at the time...not a very efficient strategy but it works :D

michael1990

HSC
theshortykatt said:
there are dozens of threads simular to this one..

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON
LOL

You tell em Kat.

Nah you should do what is comfortable with yourself.

And i wouldn't want to 'burn out'.

I would say 30min blocks. 10min breaks and 6 subjects a day?

tahlsy31191

HSC
I revise everything I have done that day this includes writing summaries of all lessons this normally takes 2 hours then I go over the modules in whatever class to make sure I have understood everything.
Also I do extra maths questions to make sure I can do all of the questions.

I break between 6- 7.30, this gives time for dinner and home and away.

badquinton304

HSC
I study about 2.5 to 3 hours each day. I usually do blocks of between 40 mins to 2 hours (hsc past paper). Then i take a 5-15 minute break.

HSC
I love how every BOS thread about studying makes me feel like I'm going to fail.

a.Limjoco

HSC
omg! don't get into another useless argument please. Irrelevance.

anyways I wanted to know, do alot of people, here anyways, have a study timetable?

eddyman6

HSC
yeh im still doing half yearlies, but trail study will be insane cause there is basically what was tested for half yearlies, plus the other half of the corse for like very subject...
so i am gonna study every night, probably 1 or 2 hours during this term, have one week off in the holidays, and be all set for trails.

sasa-o8

HSC
I have my trials in Week 9. YES, WTF??! My school is totally crazy and even the teachers agree (yet they don't do anything about it).

I haven't started studying yet cos I got 3 assessments up first which haven't been done yet T_T

4unitfreak

HSC
I love how every BOS thread about studying makes me feel like I'm going to fail.
Doesn't that tell you anything? ;)

45 minutes study, 15 minutes break. I start an hour after I get home. Most of my frees are in the morning so I the only thing I do in those is sleep in.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
a.Limjoco said:
omg! don't get into another useless argument please. Irrelevance.

anyways I wanted to know, do alot of people, here anyways, have a study timetable?

i dont. i find them annoying, because i never keep to them and i always feels guilty and i am yet to cut down my work hours because i need money for end of year road trip, or its someones 18th when im meant to be doing practise essays.. i know youre meant to make them flexible, but why have a timetable if youre meant to change it?

i know what i need to do. i study until i am content.
that can be anywhere from fourty minutes to four hours a night.

karnage

HSC
Yea timetables dont really work for me, stuff always comes up and ruins the routine.

But yea, when its closer to the HSC/Trials i might make like a decent plan of what my routine will be like in the lead up.

How do you guys write notes in terms of time? Go at it for a couple of hours or do it in 50min blocks or whatever.

selablad

HSC
I recently realised that although I do hardly any study or homework, I spend most of my spare time teaching myself stuff, just for fun...so it feels like free time, but I'm actually learning stuff...:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)