studyin for eco's (1 Viewer)

AGB

HSC
hey guys,

wondering if anyone had ne tips specifically for studyin for eco's...like would sum1 be able to go from step 1 (i.e. making notes or woteva) to the end....

im just feeling a bit lost at the moment:(

cheers

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
theres no real specific way to study eco's
but wat worked for me is writing notes - concise notes. Make sure u also use the syllabus so u dont go entirely beyond it wen ur making ur notes. Seriously everything u need is within the scope of Dixon's book, and Bulmer's series too, so use the syllabus, and write wat u think is relevant for each dot point.

Its the same with essays, u just have to know wats being asked, wat info is relevant etc, eg if u have a question on Protection, u'd look through ur text and u'd see that u need to talk about the types of protection, how its implemented, recent trends in protection, how its dealt with around the world, etc etc

timmii

sporadic attendee
Read the newspapers - AFR, ross gittins in the smh, the economist etc...the more opportunity you have to see the economic theories being applied in the "real world" and to make connections between what can appear to be obscure, esoteric topics, the better your understanding will be, and the more familiar and easier to apply the theories, stats and examples will become. :)

The economist basically saved my eco mark. I kinda panicked in the last essay question on protection, but had been reading that week's economist the day before, and i basically included all the info on the eu, malaysia and asean etc that they had spoken about- all acquired while eating breakfast :D Its also really helpful for your case study - check the lists of the "surveys" they compile on individual countries as they can provide good insight and stats :D

And do what minai said. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)