Studying during the holidays (1 Viewer)

study1234

HSC
What kind of study should I be doing these holidays?

I do the following subjects:
Advanced English
4u mathematics
Chemistry
Physics

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Advanced English:
Basically... prepare all your essays + creative for Trials.

I.e. for Belonging - Essay (1 related text essay and 2 related texts essay) + Creative
For Mod A, B - Essays
For Mod C - Essay (1 related essay and 2 related essay)

Practise on Paper 1 short answers.

For 3U + 4U maffs:
Spam trial papers and whatnot.

Chemistry + Phys:
Memorise the syllabus content. Know the info under each dotpoint.
Then spam papers.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
This is a question you must answer yourself. No one can tell you what you need, only you can!

Elisa Sweet

HSC
I'd recommend doing an hour or half an hour of each everyday with a break between each

study1234

HSC
For Mod B English, I'm doing Speeches. Since they can specify any speech for Mod B, how should I prepare for this?

resourceater

HSC
omg im studying for trials.... this is the first of many arduous and long days with my head on the desk... damn...

RishBonjour

HSC
For Mod B English, I'm doing Speeches. Since they can specify any speech for Mod B, how should I prepare for this?
I did speeches too. You should know ALL speeches (techniques, context, audience etc). But you should have detailed study on a few - preferably 3 (I did kyi, Atwood and Bandler). I think they specified Bandler, so it was great (I did it with Sadat - went great with the question). Some people ignored Bandler and literally cried out of the exam hall. You don't want that to happen to you!

There are loads of resources online. All you need for speeches is to memorise the key techniques for the others (not your chosen few), and know a bit of the context - practice a few essays- you should be good.

Lul

HSC
LOL. Sat at my desk for 1 hour. Decided to take a 10 minute break...ended up with a 8 hour 17.5 minute break :evilfire:
Next couple of days, it got worse. Now i'm cramming for my last week and a half of holidays brahs.

Makematics

HSC
rivalry summed it up nicely haha. basically just fucken kill the trial papers. but if ur like me and still have lots of content to get through then just keep smashing out exercises.

study1234

HSC
There's so many essays to prepare. Should I memorise my essays or just remember themes, quotes and techniques?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
There's so many essays to prepare. Should I memorise my essays or just remember themes, quotes and techniques?
There's no 100% that there will be a certain question. Just memorise themes, quotes, techniques and don't forget........ A thesis,

RishBonjour

HSC
most people I know memorised for Mod A and C because they TEND to be generic - even if they aren't you can find your way around it. Mod B, fuck no - just memorise themes, techniques, quotes, context etc

study1234

HSC
most people I know memorised for Mod A and C because they TEND to be generic - even if they aren't you can find your way around it. Mod B, fuck no - just memorise themes, techniques, quotes, context etc
What's so difficult about Mod B? The only problem is that for Mod B I'm doing Speeches, so I have to prepare for all 7 speeches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)