Studying eco?? (1 Viewer)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
listen in class and study the usual... dots points summarise important points.. highlighter helps

but its also ideal to get the latest economics stuff happening around coz it relates to stuff learning at school .. good to buy newspaper

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
the best way to study economics ...

first of there is no 'best' way for everyone ... each person has his or her own preferences, and strengths and weaknesses when studying a certain subject ...

these are my suggestions:
* download the syllabus from the board of studies website and read through very carefully
* read through resources (such as textbooks; gittens articles; online resources - leading edge, abs, reserve bank; the financial review)
* understand the theory
* make notes based on the dot points (as you would in other subjects)
* also look at the other column in the syllabus which outlines possible questions (prepare further notes for those)
* gather appropriate statistics (and if possible relevant quotes) regarding the dot points and main things (such as cad, exchange rates, eco growth etc)
* revise practise writing out points to answers and if possible essays

that off the top of my head ... maybe ill add some more points later ...:)

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
flyin' has jus about covered it all

the syllabus here is all important - as long as u kno and understand the syllabus, u'll be fine
for the extended responses - u'll never do well if u dont practice, so start practicing early, getting your teacher to give feedback as well

Sarah

HSC
N/A
also do past papers. Focus on all parts i.e multiple choice, short answer and essays.

if u think about it, u can lose a lot of marks from multiple choice and short answer. I know from experience as seen in my trial results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)