Studying for engineering studies (1 Viewer)

murthyakshtih

HSC
hey just curious how previous students went about studying for engineering studies, as the syllabus is really broad. Just curious how previous students studied for it, as i'm currently doing it in year 12 ?

Rathaen

HSC
Not sure how much the syllabus has changed since 2011, but I think I was lucky in that my teacher pretty much talked us through everything we needed to know for short and long response answers. Otherwise, I reckon you should still be fine following through the textbook material - Excel HSC Engineering, Copeland's Student Handbook and such.

For drawing and calculation questions, best thing to do is to get the past papers and do the ones in there (There should be solutions available for those, right? If not, your teacher ought to be able to help you).

That's about it really, just made sure to practice and know the process for the drawing related stuff, and a bunch of past papers for everything else. My teacher also got us to do a lot of mechanics calculation questions from Schlenker's Introduction to Engineering Mechanics (I think that's what it was called)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)