Studying For Ipt (1 Viewer)

13yrsWASTED

hey pplz....as u know ....we r all gettin into the thick heavy studying for the hsc.....and i realise something.....i have dont shit all dis yr in ipt.....it was d biggest waste of time i have ever encountered....i dont understand shit.......what can i do to quickly boost my ipt strength in time for the hsc exam....in about 5 weeks....

...thanx alot

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Go through all the Past HSC papers and compare your answers with the suggested responses - most students have more trouble understanding the questions than understanding the course.

Scanorama

HSC
Yeah as previous posts said, read over your notes and do the past paper. When I was still in Term 1, I knew absolutely nothing about IPT. But I read textbook over and over again, and I got like 3rd of the class in the half yearly. IPT is a relatively easy subject, it's just all therory.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
AustMostWntd said:
i have dont shit all dis yr in ipt.....it was d biggest waste of time i have ever encountered
Hey! Me too!

But im doing 12 units and dont expect it to be counted. Yay!

just_chillaxin

ay bruddah!

mate il be honest with you ipt comes naturally for me, i like computers, and like others have said this is one boring subject. the whole course is pretty much definitions. and like yourself, i sat thru the whole year and kicked back with my mates, and im still towards the top of my class. i dont believe in past papers for any subject other then maths, but you can do what you will with that advice. the best thing i can suggest for you to do is simply read over study notes from fat muscle that someone has already posted. these notes cover virtually everything, and even if you have learnt nothing throughout the year they are still easy to understand. drill these into your head and im sure you will be fine. good luck bruddah!

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
im the same with chillaxin, i did jack crap for the whole year and ranked 1st!! assessment mark of 89!! YEEHHH!!! i feel PUMPED!! >< but make sure you go over some past papers real good... esp 2002/2003 they're NOTHING like the CSSA papers... i killed the CSSA papers... but i got owned by the 2002 and 2003 papers :'( so i got pissed and printed off some examplar answers :D they really help i swear... that's what i got planned so far... don't worry so much about IPT if you're computer-orientated (is that how you spell that?) coz then all you have to worry about is the ethical issues... WHICH, i shall mention now, society rarely follows... >.>

my two cents, hope it helps

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
you have five weeks, plenty of time
my advice is for you to write notes by summerising each required chapter of your textbook
and then do some past HSC papers

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
yea i am a lazy studier and hardly did ne thing this yr in IPT (i am in y11) all i did was read the TB b4 the test... but make sure u know abt the 'system development cycle' and gnatt charts almost always come up... make sure u know ur options well as well as the core...just make lil summaries...do past papers and u have 5 weeks... if u revise enough u will b fine...remember 4 the HSC ipt only has 5 chpts!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

gem_max

HSC
I got 93 in the hsc exam last year. All id done is memorise all the definitions etc to be regurgitated and combined with my existing knowledge of computers. A lot of IPT is just commonsense really, prettied up with business style terms. Goodluck!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't know anyone who did much this year in IPT. My IPT book was filled with scribble and stupid shit not related to IPT at all. A lot of IPT is issues, which you can pretty much make up. Other than that you need to know a few definitions and stuff and you'll be right.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't know anyone who did much this year in IPT. My IPT book was filled with scribble and stupid shit not related to IPT at all. A lot of IPT is issues, which you can pretty much make up. Other than that you need to know a few definitions and stuff and you'll be right.
My Ipt book has 3 pages of writing, for maths.

Its the same book i used for year 11.

Although, I do have like, 100 hand outs and we did all our summaries on the school computers.

FcUk

did anyone else find that ur ipt teacher loved to waste paper?? my teacher would just find any excuse to copy papers and notes. he photocopied the whole excel book for everyone in the class (22) after making most of us buy one

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Omfg

1 . Project Work - Environmental Issues

Hypocrites !?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)