Studying over the holidays (yr 11 exams) (1 Viewer)

hairspray

HSC
Re: Holiday Plans

Catch up on some sleep, shopping and dance parties! Ahhh... sweet holidays !

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Just bought the following books:
  • Dot Point Preliminary Biology
  • Dot Point Preliminary Physics
  • Cambridge Year 12 3 Unit Mathematics
  • Excel Fast Track HSC Maths Extension - Pocket Formula Book
  • Excel HSC Pocket Book - Physics

agua.fuego

HSC

My tia from Argentina's come over, so I'm spending the holidays with her.
Also sleeping a lot, visiting doctors and such (gotta LOVE being sick in the holidays, ahem) and that's just about it.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC

Aerath said:
When I say 'study' - that means 'not going out'. So that means at home, probably on the computer, MSNing, BoSing, watching NCIS or something.
O rly? Sure stumped me.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Aplus said:
Just bought the following books:
  • Dot Point Preliminary Biology
  • Dot Point Preliminary Physics
  • Cambridge Year 12 3 Unit Mathematics
  • Excel Fast Track HSC Maths Extension - Pocket Formula Book
  • Excel HSC Pocket Book - Physics
Was there need to buy year 12 3 Unit Mathematics book while you are at Preliminary 3 Unit?

P.S. Are Dot Point books alright?

Aplus

HSC
N/A

lyounamu said:
Was there need to buy year 12 3 Unit Mathematics book while you are at Preliminary 3 Unit?

P.S. Are Dot Point books alright?
My Mathematics teacher strongly recommended that we get the Year 12 book, and I can't speak for the Dot Point books because I've only just got them.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

Hey all :wave: . My half yearly exams are over, but now I have to wait anxiously for my results :(

My holiday plans? Hmm:
  1. Complete English Related Texts Speech. This is quite a large weighting, so it's best to put the most effort into it during the holidays. Hate speeches, nerve racking.
  2. Complete all of Chemistry Module 2: Metals.
  3. Practice and catch up on a lot of Mathematics. I believe I didn't do so well in the exam, so now is the time to catch up on a lot of concepts and study ahead.
  4. Stick to a study routine.
  5. Give up MSN Procrastination or any other friggin procrastination e.g. youtube, random web browsing. My Mum is getting pissed at the fact that I'm always on MSN 24/7.
  6. Get my tennis game up again, since I haven't played in a while due to exams.
  7. Party at friends :)
Have a good holiday all :).

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Continuum said:
Wow, that's alot of study. Probably a good thing though, since you have less to do later. :)

Hurray for ice skating though. :p
It doesn't get any less from now on >_<

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Today was the first day where I carried out my holiday plan.

I studied 6 hours of Extension 1 Mathematics (Preliminary trigonometry & HSC trigonometry). Finished the entire chapter (including every single question from Fitzpatrick). Could not do 4 questions in total (mind you that they are DAMN hard). I did another 2 hours for English (reading, memorising some new vocabularly).

Pretty happy with what I did so far and will be doing much more tomorrow.

sleepplease

HSC

Jesus kids. You will regret so much not living up year 11. Trust me. Yes yes work in year 11, BUT DO NOT WASTE THIS YEAR KILLING YOURSELF STUDYING. 8 hours! What the hell. Do you really want to do your hsc twice? because you are studying as if this is your final year - remember you'll have to do it all again next year.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

sleepplease said:
Jesus kids. You will regret so much not living up year 11. Trust me. Yes yes work in year 11, BUT DO NOT WASTE THIS YEAR KILLING YOURSELF STUDYING. 8 hours! What the hell. Do you really want to do your hsc twice? because you are studying as if this is your final year - remember you'll have to do it all again next year.
What are you talking about??? I am doing part of my HSC this year anyway. That's why I am working like this. I am also making up for the last year where I had to go through year 10 and year 11 maths in one year.

Maths is a subject where I do not usually get burnt out. More I study, I get more absorbed into it. So there is no physical problem attached to that. I am also doing few hours of English to improve in it since English appears to be my weakness.

I appreciate your concern but if you know who I am as a person, you would never give me advices in regards to studying. However, I really appreciate your advice.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC

I carried out my holiday plan yesterday, I studied 3U Physical applications of math from 7pm till 2am. I misread the clock and thought it was 11pm, then my mum woke up and yelled at me a bit. I think she woke the neighbours. Then i went to sleep.

Today, i had church, so i didn't do much.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

I'm probably gonna fully bludge the first week... go to the movies, go to the city.. u know... all the good stuff, most ppl in Yrs 7-10 enjoy. Then second week Im gonna catch up on the work I was supposed to do over the term.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

I'll probably start today. I hope.

terminator69

HSC
What have you found is a good routine to study for exams?

Do many people write out summaries? and does this just involve summarising everything you have done during the year?

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
terminator69 said:
What have you found is a good way to study for exams over a 2 week period? Does anyone have a plan?

Also do many people write out summarises? and does this just involve summarising everything you have done during the year and just throwing out your notes when the exams are over?
Why don't you make your own study timetable? It is a way to go for me. I generally study Maths and English everyday for few hours and study 2 other subjects apart from Maths and English (e.g. Chemistry & Biology).

Making summaries is good. However, I advise that your notes be quite detailed so that they are usable as exam answers. That means that you can rely on your notes when it comes to writing the stuffs from your notes in your exams.

For more info, PM me. I will be glad to help. :uhhuh:

terminator69

HSC
Thanks lyounamu, although I doubt I will be putting in a few hours a day I will try and make studying a daily activity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)