studying pattern (1 Viewer)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I hear the 50 - 10 rule is pretty good. 50 minutes of work and 10 minutes of break.

sourmilk

HSC
I used the pomodoro technique when I was doing my major work draft, basically it requires a timer and you time yourself for 30 minutes and rewarding yourself with 10-15 minutes (similar to what WLL was talking about)
However, I adjusted to suit my own self (45mins - 20min break)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
agreed

personally I hate studying and I dont have a studying pattern or a timetable... theres no point forcing urself to study because u are just hating life for no reason
Do you do the subjects you love/like?

mrstripedshades

HSC
Do you do the subjects you love/like?
at time I picked them I wanted to be a doctor lol... My opinion changed drastically in yr 11 though and I still dont mind the subjects because imo subjects like Physics and Chemistry are easily bludgable and to do good in ( at least for me). My regret would be doing SOR 1 as I actually like learning about other religions, and not choosing Extension 1 English.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
at time I picked them I wanted to be a doctor lol... My opinion changed drastically in yr 11 though and I still dont mind the subjects because imo subjects like Physics and Chemistry are easily bludgable and to do good in ( at least for me). My regret would be doing SOR 1 as I actually like learning about other religions, and not choosing Extension 1 English.
But if you do well in phys and chem, then you'll be treated well with a better atar

si2136

HSC
N/A
It's fun as opposed to humanities (which I wish death on lol)
I like social sciences.

I found out that many people who are good are humanities or social sciences are bad at Maths.

It's so weird

And everyone in Science are good in maths

Looks like I'm the outlier

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Mines usually 20 mins of studying and 10-15 mins break.

WildestDreams

HSC
I like social sciences.

I found out that many people who are good are humanities or social sciences are bad at Maths.

It's so weird

And everyone in Science are good in maths

Looks like I'm the outlier
Yea I don't like my sciences either ~

mitra

HSC
N/A
Set aside a specific time in the day for studying. This should be separate from just doing your homework. Make it a routine part of your day. Setting aside 30 minutes of study time a day will go a long way in helping you prepare for exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)