Studying Tips (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
tape your notes on a casette, listen to them repeatedly, that way, you'll remember it more easily if you play it over and over again

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Visualise....

If u want i can give you the number of my life coach

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
Here is a fact u have 2 read:
the average daily study time for a Harvard Business School freshman is 15-18 hrs
the worst student even study 13 hrs a day

cko

HSC
basically do whatever it is u need to do to remember the stuff for your exam. That is what study is allll about, memory, even in maths u have to memorise how solve maths questions.

Oh and I use a small 200 page folder with loose leaves for school work and transfer all my work to my big big lever arch file folders. Here's a tip for u yr 11ers, ONE big lever arch file ain't enough! :( U literally need one lever arch file per subject!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
do what i do wake up at 4.30 and start studying, of course study the night before till 11-12.

lol i strongly advise you not to do this.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmmm i tend to feel sleepy when i drink LOL

narh no caffine containing drinks, just food.
i get hungry.

HSC
I think it's important to ensure you write at least an essay every couple of days, and read most nights. I find if I spend to long memorising information without actually writing coherent sentences or reading books it becomes difficult to 'find words'.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hmm I have a smallish binder for each of my prelim subjects atm except for photography cause all the theory gets kept at school anyway... for my hsc classes (ie, 4u english) I have a 2 ring binder for each topic we've done in english so far (and will have to buy another one when we start frontline)... for extension english I have two folders, one with sheets and notes relating to my 3 major texts and another with related material... for extension two I have a folder for my journal, with notes, thoughts, drafts (or lack thereof) and some of my research... it's not v well organised and I think I might have to get a bigger one... I don't bring any of them to school except for ext2 though, I use plastic A4 envelopes to take the things I need to school, plus have an art book for my drama journal... this system works for me, might not for everyone... I think as long as you have somewhere to put everything, organisation isn't *too* hard... I don't like lever-arch folders to take in every day, I go through about 6 a year, so I've given up on them

Klazy

Pay atttention in class. Once you do that, doing homework and study is the easiest thing ever!

yumxor

Different people find that different types of studying works best for them. eg. Some people might find drawing diagrams or visual representations of what they need to study useful, others might just read over what they need to study multiple times and yet other people might write out each syllabus dot point and the information they need to know.

You just need to find out what works for you.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Hmm...

I don't study at all. I also don't do homework. Possibly not the best study timetable, but I like it. Except when I get crap marks (i.e. always).

Still, if you haven't bothered studying in the weeks leading up to an exam, there's no point in studying on the day: you'll just confuse yourself. I'm sure I've read somewhere that you shouldn't study right before an exam, and you also shouldn't overstudy the night before.

That's my excuse anyway. :)

Minifish

Ghost
HSC
Has anyone come across any good motivational things?? I know what i have to do, i just cant get myself to do it. 'I know i should start that assessment that i only have 1week to do, but....its boring. i'll go kill more orcs first.'

I just need something to push me into doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)