Studying @ UNSW – a guide from a student (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Juliet said:
Question: Mathews 130?

I assume it is in the buliding called "Mathews" but what is 130?

Thanks in advance!
Level 1, room 30.

lilg

HSC
hi...
im havin sum difficulties enrolining in courses.. hw many should i be enroolled in for the first summester.. and can you change them later on?
also... wen is the best time to get my photo id? and if were allowed to take a friend to participate in o'week activities?
thankss..

sunny

meh.
HSC
lilg said:
hw many should i be enroolled in for the first summester..
As many as your program structure says you should

lilg said:
and can you change them later on?
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/resources/KeyDates.html

lilg said:
also... wen is the best time to get my photo id?
http://community.boredofstudies.org...id-cards-available-16th-jan-old-students.html

lilg said:
and if were allowed to take a friend to participate in o'week activities?
thankss..
O-week is open to everyone.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
You may enroll in 3 courses minumum per semester, and at max, 4 courses per semester.

The best time to get your UNSW ID card is before O-week commences, so, in other words this week, you practically just walk up to the e-spot building and there's no on e there. If you wait till o-week, you'll find that the line will be quite long...not sure if it's true but lol my friend said that he could see the crowds waiting at e-spot from anzac parade - university mall.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Rekkusu said:
You may enroll in 3 courses minumum per semester, and at max, 4 courses per semester.
Min and max is not based on the number of courses. You can enrol in one subject if you like - you would end up being a part time student.

The "three courses minimum" is meant to refer to three 6uoc subjects to qualify as a full time student (18+uoc). The standard full-time load is four 6uoc (24uoc) subjects, but depending on the school/faculty you can overload and do more than 4*6uoc=24uoc per semester. Sometimes you might do five subjects, where its 3*6uoc+2*3uoc=24uoc.

Abtari

HSC
sunny said:
Min and max is not based on the number of courses. You can enrol in one subject if you like - you would end up being a part time student.

The "three courses minimum" is meant to refer to three 6uoc subjects to qualify as a full time student (18+uoc). The standard full-time load is four 6uoc (24uoc) subjects, but depending on the school/faculty you can overload and do more than 4*6uoc=24uoc per semester. Sometimes you might do five subjects, where its 3*6uoc+2*3uoc=24uoc.

which courses have 3uoc ??? just curious..

mailinh

HSC
sunny said:
Level 1, room 30.

thx, now it clear , i alway thought it's room 130, lol so the first number is like a level while the rest is the room number.

hey sunny do u know where is Movie theatre 6001. i just dun know that place n how to get there? Can u show me how plz?

mailinh

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
Movie Theatre building, Level 600, Room Number 1
i dun know where it is, is it have another name for Movie Theatre building zo i can't see it in the map. level 600? so is it level 6 room 1 or level 600 , room number 1. Can u show me, where the building near?

thx a lot

xprshn

bum...
HSC
N/A
Movie Theatre building 6001 . i've been here for 1 year yet i dunno where that is.. i'm so no0b !... haha level 600 ? ..wtf... that's beasty .. sorry cant help ..yet mailinh..

xprshn

bum...
HSC
N/A
mailinh said:
i dun know where it is, is it have another name for Movie Theatre building zo i can't see it in the map. level 600? so is it level 6 room 1 or level 600 , room number 1. Can u show me, where the building near?

thx a lot
hey mailinh, i think u meant G001 .. ?? ..LOL .. if it is then its in the Red Centre?..
level Ground room 1 ?.. maybe ? ... like yeh..level 600..seriously wtf ?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Woah I found this very helpful. I'm only in yr 11 but I've been thinking about which uni to try and go for for a long time. Now I'm just stuck between UNSW and MQ. Thanks.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
Re: Textbooks / Handbooks / Student Fees

hi guys..about fees.
UNSW Source (University Union) per semester:

full-time students

$137.50

part-time students

$103.40
Sports Association per semester:

full-time students

$44.00

part-time students:

$33.00

what do we get out of paying the union and sports?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC

[sarcasm] You get enormous amounts of money off the delicious food !!!!:rofl: [/sarcasm]

sunny

meh.
HSC

Densuki said:
what do we get out of paying the union and sports?
It is part of Compulsory Student Unionism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)