Stupid Ipod !@$@#@#^3 (1 Viewer)

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
okay. i bought my 30gig Black Video iPod in May, and i am currently on my 4th ipod already. yes thats right 3 of my ipods have previously screwed up (within 2 weeks of purchase) and now my 4th has just committed suicide (which i've had for about 2 months).

I have NO idea why, but the way they all die is that after i eject and safely remove hardware, the ipod just decides to kill itself and keep restarting and turning off only going to the black screen with silver apple every time. it doesn't respond to the computer when i plug it in either.

Now the ipod i have currently, i'd put like 2000 songs on there already and today i was adding about another 400 and when i tried to eject it.. it dies. Previously i was told that this was because my computer was still using usb 1.1 but now i had it changed to 2.0 but it seems this still doesnt work. btw i've got a PC so there could be a problem there, but my sister has an ipod too (3rd gen tho) and it works fine.

Can anyone give me some help and direction into what the hell is wrong with my computer/ipod? (and i hope i'll be able to get this repaired under warranty)

Thanks in Advance

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
mmm, thanks brogan.

if i get this fixed it'll prob go for sale :p

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
the problem is is that after stuffing up, the computer doesn't recognise that anything is plugged in when i try to attatch my ipod. but for some reason my ipod comes up with the switched off battery charging screen -_-

Collin

HSC
N/A
That doesn't mean much. When that charging logo comes up, it just means that there is power connected to the iPOD and that it's supposed to be charging (which isn't necessarily true either). At work I'm almost forced on a daily basis to diagnose customer issues concerning iPODs and that symbol pretty much isn't indicative of anything useful besides the fact that the unit isn't completely screwed.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
A friend of mine has simliar problems with his ipod , although it was a ipod mini. His ipod started doing this after a firmware update and he could not do anything about it. He sent it in to get repaired and got a new one back.

Basically dont upgrade firmware because he hasnt since then and it has worked fine.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i have the same problem.. it keeps turning on and off.. but it only shows the apple sign.. and not the song list or anything..

problem started about 1 week after warranty expired.. fuk u apple

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
sando i feel ur pain!. well i got it replaced under warranty. but yeah/ dammit new ipods are out now AND cheaper!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
had my iPod for nearly 2 years now.. haven't had any problems like the ones people complain about...

sinist4

HSC
i've had my ipod video 30 gb since about sept last year and its still going good, but the battery is loseing its charge... where can you get the battery changed and how much would it cost.
thanx

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
I would recommend ditching ipod and moving to creative zen series.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
How many people on this earth named Frieda?

Fort Street High School?

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Schroedinger said:
zens are shit and their software is even worse.

Creative is mediocre bullshit. .
Ur an ipod fanboy....If u compare ipod and creative specs u can easily see that creative can support more file formats and has a longer battery life.

Aaron06

To Rid The Disease
HSC
Try the Ipod photo.

Had mine for almost a year

It may look like a brick, but it's pretty good.

I've dropped it countless number of times.

I had it when I rolled my jeep (note it wasn't my fault)

and I've almost lost it.

Still works strong. =]

The only problem is that it says it's 20gig ipod on the back bu it's only like 18.8gig. Talk about false advertising. Haha

But yes, Ipod photo beats all other Ipods.

kerfuffle

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Happens with all Hard Drives.
Yeah. When they say 20GB, they measure it on the basis that 1 GB = 1000 MB. (The market rate or something like that). But really, 1GB =1024 MB, so that's why your iPod (and other 20 GB devices out there) is only 18.6 GB.

kerfuffle

HSC
Oh. Thanks for that. :)
Hmm . . . but it could be due to marketing or something. 'New 18.6 GB iPod' doesn't quite have the same ring to it as 'New 20 GB iPod'. Maybe that's why it's called the market rate (or something like that), if such a term exists? O.O

pete_mate

HSC
BIGTYMA said:
Ur an ipod fanboy....If u compare ipod and creative specs u can easily see that creative can support more file formats and has a longer battery life.
all creative zen's have a higher SnR than ipods = higher sound quality. they have better tech specs.

sure, the software isnt as easy to use. but it also transforms your whole music collection, renames all the file names, and fucks up your existing folder structures.

id get a 3 year replacement warranty when you buy one, $59.8 on a $299 ipod nano 4gb

if it fucks up at all you come into the store (jb hifi) and get a new one. screw buying a replacement battery and potentially killing the whole thing such that apple wont/cant fix it

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
politik said:
It's not that. Hard Drive manufacturers believe 1GB to be 1000MB, but Windows (and other OS') believe it to be 1024MB. It's entirely the HDD manufacturers faults.
Idiot. That would only account for a 0.5gb loss, it's because the drive space is smaller when it's formatted.

kerfuffle

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Yeah no shit, buddy, did you do all your learning at retard college, or was it beaten into you by your drunk father?
Jesus. No need to get all pissy. Is that how you treat females? By being a complete arsehole towards them?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)