Stupid Question about Case Studies (1 Viewer)

partymaster01

HSC
N/A
Ok so all the discussion on Case Studies going around

I looked at the 2002 HSC business studies paper where you could read band 5/6 student answers to question.

The last question asked about why business expand globally and and other stuff and didnt say anything about a case study

But in the part where it says

In your Answer you will be accesssed on how well you
  • Use your knowledge and relevant business case study/studies
  • blah
  • blah
As far as ive seen no one in the band 5 or 6 bracket said anything or gave examples from another business?

am i missing something here cause i have no idea what is going on with case studies even though ive got a good one myself

Anyone please help :)

HSC
i'm pretty sure the exemplars (i.e. high band 6's) would have had case studies. my teacher said it's possible to get around 15 without one, which is a high band 5 (only 2 marks off band 6). that's why those answers are band 5/6 they're borderline.

the part you quoted is the rubric, i'm guessing, and it tells you that you should use case studies.

partymaster01

HSC
N/A
So how do you do it

So if the question asks for methods of expansion

Do you state methods of expansion and then give a example of your businesS??

e.g

Foriegn direct Investment

FDI is the 'blah blah blah' and this and that.
My case study 'Poo Company" used this method back in 1965 to increase 'blah blah'

HSC
yes. the question will not ask for a case study but the rubric requires you to incorporate it into your answer

i.e. Direct exporting is when the product is sold to the overseas market through an agent or intermediary with knowledge of the target market. An example of this is Kebachi Seafood Exporters Pty Ltd who sell their high quality tuna to the Japanese market through a company called etc

does this make sense?

tabbaa

HSC
hey buddy, you need to bring in your case study no matter what, that way you can prove to the stupid examiners that you know what ur talking about.

partymaster01

HSC
N/A
Yea thanks man ill do what russian roullete said and just answer the question and use the example of my case study each part.

Also do you think i should start it off by stating that im going to be using my case study?

e.g

A business has a number of methods in which it can use to expand globally etc.
Information provided by a case study of Poo Industries will provide examples to answers given.

LatK7

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
yes. the question will not ask for a case study but the rubric requires you to incorporate it into your answer

i.e. Direct exporting is when the product is sold to the overseas market through an agent or intermediary with knowledge of the target market. An example of this is Kebachi Seafood Exporters Pty Ltd who sell their high quality tuna to the Japanese market through a company called etc

does this make sense?
Perfect example. :)

2inspr

HSC
you only need to state your case study 3-4 I dont think you should do one for each point.

fleck27

HSC
You get the best marks if you give an example for one point then directly compare your other case study to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)