stupid subject (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacinta

Just wondering how everyone is going with this subject because i know that we do jack shit and are probably going to fail it because our teacher sucks and all we ever do is read and copy out of a textbook! It is such a pointless, boring, stupid subject. Is anyone actually doing any good in this subject and if you are how do u manage???

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
ROFL, that's true. I did it as a 1 unit subject and I had more to learn in it that in most subjects. Considering in the HSC that they left out a lot of major parts, it was a waste of time. Ironically, I got higher in SOR than in Chemistry :p

lisa

i know wat u mean.. i'm kinda in the same boat! do you do 2u or 1u? i do 2u and I feel so under prepared. my religion teacher isn't much use either, even though we've had assessments, we haven't had them in an 'normal exam form' (only oral, reasearch) , so i don't feel really confident.

have another assessment due in 2nd day back and trials in wk3 :(

goodluck!

Jacinta

yeah i only do one unit so it isn't that bad. I have heard that it scales really well so i might as well try a bit in it especially when i have other subjects like french and chem that aren't very easy.
Are the exams pretty easy? i had a look at one past paper and it didn't look too bad, i thought u could probably bullshit through to get at least a band 3 or 4 but i am really not sure! Thanks for you replies on that though at least i know that our school isn't the only school that can't teach the subject.
Good luck with you assessment lisa!

Alex

Im sorry but if any of you guys have been forced into SOR by your schools I laugh extremely loudly in all your collective faces (no offence intended). I seriously pity you poor SOR peoplez.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Haha! Indeed, Alex.

It was either Catholic Studies or SOR. I thought if I was going to waste my time on a subject, I might as well make it count. Although Catholic Studies have no HSC exam..

That's what you get for going to a Catholic school.

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
which textbook r u guys using? we have this cruddy blue one thats written on toilet paper...the teachers use one called 'living religion'...i think ill inevitably have to purchase it if im to achieve anything in this subject

Jacinta

we're using the 'Living Religion' textbook. It looks ok but i haven't actually used it very much except when we use it to read a loud in class. That is pretty much all we do actually but i have learnt to tune out really well so i will probably have to use it at home for study/revision anyway which it looks ok for. Can u borrow the textbook from your library or town library? ... cause i am not sure that it is worth going out and buying

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
cheers jacinta
just checked out the online catalogue for hurstville library and they have two copies

Sarah J

HSC
I like sor! lol. It's so easy!

It's funny, we had to buy a text book, but haven't used it once. In fact, our teacher actually photocopies our sheets out of it! I don't think he realises it. It's all good though, cos i never got off my butt to go buy it ;)

|_wise_|

why why why?

for some reason it seems like all SOR teachers have to be stupid and lazy!! oh well SOR scales poorly with the BOS but then really well with the UAC so i dont mind....and it IS sooooo easyy......there is so little to know and it makes a lot of sense....anyway i have to go to sleeeeep...

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Fwoa! You guys had a textbook?!

Our class just survived on photocopies and newspaper articles. Although in the end, the stack of paper was thick enough to make a textbook.

I loved my SOR teacher. Even taught lunch time tutorials to prepare us for HSC.

|_wise_|

wow

a religion teacher that knows what they are talking about in religion AND they WANT to help you....

/me stares in awe

jenster

i love relg too! doing 2 unit really makes a difference though. i'm glad i did it.
we don't have a textbook, sooooo jibbed. just heaps of sheets which means heaps of hole punching, but hole punching can be surprisingly satisfying...
what units are everyone doing?
i'm doing
- religion and media
- cross religion studies - religious rites (Christianity/Islam)

FeniX

Unfortunately I go to a catholic school (Marist) and they force us to do 1u studies of religion OR 'catholic studies'.

I chose SOR cauz i thought it would be more interesting....How wrong I was... I have ZERO motivation for SOR now:eek: .... And now Im failing SOR on purpose cauz its my 11th unit and i dont give a shit cauz i dont want it to count towards my UAI:rolleyes: I do other work in SOR periods lol!

blake

SOR scales well :/

Put some work into it :) Remember you have rougly only done around 30-40 percent atm

|_wise_|

hell yeah....i love the scaling....except everyone at our school bludges the subject so the BOS scales us down heaps....but then UAC scales us up even more....so it works out alright....goddamn bludgers screw everyone up...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)