Style guide (1 Viewer)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Can any please give examples of a style guide? I know the definition but still unsure. Is it like a template or something?

Prerna

Formating Guidelines ..for example

Headings should be done in San Seif fonts should be large about font 16 and centred. Thus making it easy to read.
Body text should be in serif font so that the text is fliud, it should be in size 12 font and the line spacing about 1.5

it ensures that company documents are consistent thus providing unity and ensureing secrity of comany (harder to froge etc..)

but that is just an example of one there are many different one's thay change in accordance to company guidelines!!!

hope that helps :)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Say a question ask to describe the main features of a style guide.

Do we answer like:

- use of large fonts for headings to attract attention etc
- body texts should be in small blocks than the heading

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
It's all relative to the document. For example a newspaper style guide might be split into two columns, or a speech might have double spacing every 10 lines. But yeh u've got it down i think,

Prerna

yeah i gues that what its all about. But also rememeber margins (make up values which you feel are appropriate for the cause) and white space which avoids clutter and increases readabliltiy of the document.

do you think we need to know all the different types of printers....know anything about ports etc???

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I know printers usually connect to a parallel port. I guess u should know most of the common types of printers. A question might ask to compare and contrast or maintenance of printers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)