Style Icon? (2 Viewers)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/p...lbourne-catwalk/2008/02/02/1201801096810.html

NOTORIOUS party pest turned unlikely style icon Corey Worthington is expected to make his catwalk debut at the Melbourne Fashion Festival.
The Narre Warren teenager, who has sparked a nationwide trend for bug-eyed yellow sunglasses since throwing the most talked-about party this year, looks set to team up with a national clothing chain to create a line of T-shirts.
His manager, celebrity agent Max Markson, said he was an obvious fashion icon. "He's got it. I mean, the girls go crazy for him and the adults hate him, which is an immediate step in the right direction when it comes to fashion," said Mr Markson. "We've already had an invitation from a local designer for him to be in a parade at the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival in March.
I can't say who it is but you're pretty likely to see him on the catwalk there. And I'm about to go into a meeting now with a company that wants to do Corey T-shirts," he said. "He's really on the money when it comes to fashion."
While there are many who will disagree, there is no question the demand for retro-style yellow sunnies has skyrocketed since Worthington refused to remove his famous specs during a national TV interview, then fled a live radio interview when Fox FM presenter Matt Tilley tried to remove them.
Sales assistants at several Dotti and Dangerfield stores around the city this week said there had been an increase in demand for the "Corey glasses" in recent weeks.
"These bright coloured and retro style sunglasses have been really popular at Dotti over the summer," said Mimi Scantamburlo, a product manager for accessories at Dotti. "And while we don't endorse behaviour like Corey's, we can see how his yellow sunnies can spark excitement in the younger demographic."
Several pairs of lookalike "Corey sunglasses" have recently turned up for sale on eBay. Meanwhile the originals are up for grabs on Zoo Weekly's website. The reader who sends in the "most insane party pics" will win the infamous specs which Worthington bought for "$10 or $20 from a local store", Mr Markson said.
Such has been the demand for the sunnies, Mr Markson says he is also looking at merchandising an official range of "Corey sunglasses".
"I intend to start looking into that next week. We're keen to do something with that," he said.
"In fact we are going to be seeing a lot more of Corey and Corey products over the next year. There'll be Corey clothing, I also want to get him into a recording studio in the next couple of weeks and put a record out, we'll be downloading Corey stuff on to mobile phones and doing Corey wallpaper," he said.
It sounds like it could be a long year.
Source: The Sun-Herald
hmmmm

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
The first time you posted this it was deleted because it was shit.

wizzy

HSC
i went away to america for three weeks and when i came back, i was watching the news and heard "he's the most recognised face in australia... blah blah corey"
and i was like who the **** is that?!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I thought he was a champ. He threw an awesome party, where some gatecrashers started destroying neighboring property and then the media is all up him and trying to say his is responsible for the behavour of people who werent even invited. The best bit was when he didnt appoligise " do you have anything to say to young people who might be thinking of throwing a party?" Get me to organise it, it will kick ass.

I met some guy claiming to be him at BDO sydney, similiar glasses but i thought he was just bullshiting cause wasnt that party thrown in melbourne?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
MTP said:
ohh god, what is wrong with people these days.
Its like those stupid people who pay $15 to get those "froggy" ringtones (you know the annoying frog ... bing bing... blah blah). with 1000 remixes....

The Masses are stupid.

HSC
eh, might as well cash in on it while it lasts. got a cousin in vietnam looking for yellow chicks sunnies, figure i can make ~$10 a pop selling to dumb teenyboppers

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Heard of a plane?
All i am saying was that seen as he lives in Melbourne, it would be logical to assume that if he wanted to go to BDO he would go to the Melbourne one which is a short drive away, rather than flying to Sydney.

Although if he was sorting out a designer sunnies deal or something in Sydney, it would make sense that he would go to Sydney BDO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)