SUBARU - BRZ vs TOYOTA - 86 (1 Viewer)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Hey guys. So I am confused about which car is better spec wise, performance wise and looks wise (imo both :p). I went to the Toyota showroom and asked for the price of the basic model of the 86 and it was started at 38k-42k and the gts model went higher in price. the interior looks sleek however the seats weren't as comfy as they looked, haha. I couldn't go to subaru but am willing to later on. i like both cars and am really shocked that you can get the cars for less than 50k. so what is everyone's opinion?

interior subaru
toyota interior

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
they are essentially the same car under the bonnet... bar a few small differences with the suspension on the BRZ... (from what I'm aware of)... Other than that, the differences between the GT, GTS and the BRZ are completely cosmetic and there are a few small interior differences; eg: push to start, satnav, leather, etc... you can get most of those as optional extras with the GT anyway...

In my opinion, if you buy a GTS or BRZ you're overpaying...

how do I know, my brother owns a GT version... In my opinion, they are the most over hyped and overrated car ever... its only because there has not been a car like it in years... they're still a really, really good car and heaps of fun... but it could have been soooo much better... **cough** turbo, **cough** decent tyres!

Reactions: x1

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
so what is a good car in your opinion, my friend has an evo 10 that he bought including mods and all for well over 70k, it's pretty sleek and has awesome acceleration, etc. but the evo 10 is a fairly popular car and a lot of people have it so that's why i was interested in brz or the 86.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
i also really like Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG, but the 82k pricetag is also complimentary

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
so what is a good car in your opinion, my friend has an evo 10 that he bought including mods and all for well over 70k, it's pretty sleek and has awesome acceleration, etc. but the evo 10 is a fairly popular car and a lot of people have it so that's why i was interested in brz or the 86.
well you can buy a second hand lotus elise for about the same coin... (a tiny bit more)

why the 86 is terrible... ITS TOO SLOW!!!!! that's about it to be quite honest... and it could use a set of decent rubber... and actual spare tyre (instead of a puncture repair kit)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
well you can buy a second hand lotus elise for about the same coin... (a tiny bit more)

why the 86 is terrible... ITS TOO SLOW!!!!! that's about it to be quite honest... and it could use a set of decent rubber... and actual spare tyre (instead of a puncture repair kit)
This.

If you want speed, go for the 370z, which would fall roughly in your price range.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
hmm, lotus elise, YAY!, but second hand car's NO! my parents bought a second hand falcon around 5 yrs ago and it went well for a few months but then it started to miss and we had to trade it in and got a mazda 3. :(

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
This.

If you want speed, go for the 370z, which would fall roughly in your price range.
yes, fken sxc car and decent price, top priority atm since BRZ and 86 are out of the picture, haha.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm one to like nissans (I own one)... but the tree fiddy and 370 don't tickle my pickle...

hmm, lotus elise, YAY!, but second hand car's NO! my parents bought a second hand falcon around 5 yrs ago and it went well for a few months but then it started to miss and we had to trade it in and got a mazda 3. :(
no joke, check it, one I found on a random search... obviously, you can't get a 2013 model for that price tag... but still...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Lotus-Elise-2002/SSE-AD-2524288/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Last edited:

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
this is a fkn sc car under 50k

mustang boss 302, 42k

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
^well then mustang's no longer an option, anything in the 30-50k category and about the size of a 370z?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
GTI and a45 are vastly different to an 86. What do you want exactly?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
GTI and a45 are vastly different to an 86. What do you want exactly?
well wannaspoon pointed out that the 86 and BRZ are not good value for money and an independent search by me backs his claim up as well so I am also curious about hatchbacks such as the GTI.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
i need anything under 50k preferably 30-40k that looks good, has good acceleration, turbo, and preferably 4 seats. no second hand crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)