Subject Advice (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
I really want to drop Physics and pick up Modern - I think I'll have my Ancient and Year Advisor on my side to help convince the deputy to let me change... Should I?

I'm not a strong science person, and though Physics is easy most of the time, and the dot points are easy to follow, I find learning at school much harder than it is to learn by myself out of the text book.

Irregardless, I really want to change - I don't enjoy it and have no interest in science, nor to I plan to take that path in uni. I've only missed out on one term and they've only done Russia and WW1 at school - Both I know quite a bit about already - They've just gone indepth to the degree required by BOS with these topics, so I can still catch up!

I'm humanities student, not a science one... I know: I'm a moron for leaving it till now to do something about it, but I have typically Asian parents who are strong at science and just can't see sense why I'm not. It wasn't their decision in the first place, but I ended up picking what they wanted me to do cos... I don't actually know... So I should give it a go, right? Better late than never?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
like i said yeah give it a SHOT! after what you said previously im thinking that im gonna go beg our subject-coordinater to let me change to ancient !!. and hey i remember our subject-coordinater talking about "changing subjects" and if you want to you should ask him right away. but i dunno if he was refering to dropping or not hehe. but nevertheless he said it this TERM ! and yeah i can send you my ww1 notes for info which i crammed for my first assessment =p and also the textbook "evidence of war" has every single bloody thing you need to know. just read it over oneday and you be fine =]

HISTORY>SCIENCE.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Post it here. I created it for a reason :p

But you are not allowed to pick up a new subject unless you have completed the preliminary course to do the HSC course. Which you can do via TAFE.

Science > History :D:D:D Riviet will be on my side lol

But you can try asking your year advisor if you want

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Post it here. I created it for a reason :p

But you are not allowed to pick up a new subject unless you have completed the preliminary course to do the HSC course. Which you can do via TAFE.

Science > History :D:D:D Riviet will be on my side lol

But you can try asking your year advisor if you want
History>Science>Maths>Official Subject Dropping Thread">Pluvia>Riviet nuff' said =P

and yeah thats true, but it could be possible under some cirumstances or at least conditions

P

pLuvia

haha. If Carol were to do it, she would have to the preliminary course like right now or later which would be a major burden

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
haha. If Carol were to do it, she would have to the preliminary course like right now or later which would be a major burden
i dont think you need it though. modern history prelim has nothing to do with the hsc course, except for the last topic which is an intro to the core study.

P

pLuvia

I can see where you are going, but I think you have to complete the Preliminary Course before you do the HSC course

karoooh

HSC
But I know someone who's picking up 3U Maths and they're letting him...

Oh and pLuvia - Don't call me Carol! :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
But I know someone who's picking up 3U Maths and they're letting him...

Oh and pLuvia - Don't call me Carol! :p
HEY CAROL ! someone in my school whos doing general wasn't allowed to go up to 2unit even though he should be there IMO

karoooh

HSC
I think they're making him do all the Yr 11 assessments and the Yr 12 assessment... Or he said he'd do it, just to get in... Not sure how he did, but I'll probably find out tomorrow!

I'm goning to give it a go anyway... No point in sitting here and doing nothing... I'll regret it! You don't need to do prelim to ace in history! IT'S HISTORY! How hard is history? It's only essay writing! Piece of cake!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
I think they're making him do all the Yr 11 assessments and the Yr 12 assessment... Or he said he'd do it, just to get in... Not sure how he did, but I'll probably find out tomorrow!

I'm goning to give it a go anyway... No point in sitting here and doing nothing... I'll regret it! You don't need to do prelim to ace in history! IT'S HISTORY! How hard is history? It's only essay writing! Piece of cake!
yes i believe in you ! hmm not trying to sound negative but there is one big problem. if you pick up a subject, then there might be heaps of other girls wanting to do the same thing. oh well if they don't let you just go burn down your history department !! lol.

.ben

HSC
modern can be a big pain if the topics you're doing are not in your interest zone, so make sure of the topics.

karoooh

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yes i believe in you ! hmm not trying to sound negative but there is one big problem. if you pick up a subject, then there might be heaps of other girls wanting to do the same thing. oh well if they don't let you just go burn down your history department !! lol.
LOL

Nah... I love the History department too much! I'll just head over to my deputy's office, then make a detour to BOS! :p

karoooh

HSC
.ben said:
modern can be a big pain if the topics you're doing are not in your interest zone, so make sure of the topics.
As far as I know, it's Russia, WW1 and WW2... Am I right? Can't remember what else... Dennis, care to share some info?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
LOL

Nah... I love the History department too much! I'll just head over to my deputy's office, then make a detour to BOS! :p
sif BOS will support your case haha ! did you end up getting ur ancient test back btw o_o? yeah that seems right, but theres two WW2 subjects. conflict in europe or in the pacific. im doing in europe lol even though i rather do pacific ><" also you have to do a personality study as part of russia.

@ben. :yes very true. lucky the last two topics im doing are in my interest even though it seems very boring at the moment. once we get to hitler it be fine !

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

That's sort of different I guess, because the 2u and 3u topics are very similar in a way :D just that one is harder than the other. I could be wrong :p

OK I won't from now on karoooh :D

Raginsheep

HSC
Physics is like social science in desguise.....won't be much of a difference :p

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Raginsheep said:
And that is the saddest thing a Physics student can ever hear :mad1:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
that's what ive heard. i dont get how is it though? lol

Raginsheep

HSC
Assess the differences in opinion between Einstein and Plank regarding war and the application of science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)