Subject change Help! (1 Viewer)

mayngo

HSC
I haven't been here in months .-.

Anyways I'm having trouble changing my subjects.
I've lost total interest in Japanese and ended up picking up Japanese Continuers so now I want to change that.
My options are Spanish Beginners (OHS), Modern History, Ancient History, Biology and Physics.
My first option is to do Spanish Beginners through Open High School. I chose this subject because my other options seem quite content heavy and I want to balance out the weight (I'm also interested in Spanish). But is Spanish Beginners easy to pick up on? Or would I be better off doing a subject like Modern History or Physics?
In year 12 I plan to pick up 4U Maths but I have a strong feeling ill drop it. So I would have to keep the subject I choose to replace for Japanese.

So Spanish Beginners vs Modern History or Physics

My subject choices atm:
English Advanced
Maths Accelerated 2U
Maths Ext 1
Economics
Business Studies
Catholic Studies (goes in yr 12)
Japanese Continuers (swapping)

dawso98

HSC
I don't know anything but Spanish, but modern history is very content heavy with a lot of notes. With the subjects you're already doing I'd maybe only go with it if you have an interest. Physics on the other hand is more maths based, and seeing as you're doing 2 & 3 unit would probably compliment your skills

whacky

HSC
I would say that if you are more of a maths person, then learning a new language could be difficult, and would ultimately drain a lot of your time. Unless you really love the language and are able to manage it. Dawso made a good point - Physics would be a good choice, purely based on the fact that you are maths orientated.

It ultimately comes down to what you plan on doing after school, and where your strengths lie. I would recommend taking the 2 month break to go through the content of each subject that you are planning on choosing - by doing this you are able to strengthen your understanding of the course which could indicate whether you would enjoy it or not.

Remember for Modern, it involves analysis and essay writing. So take time in your holidays to strengthen and build your essay writing skills, so that if you pick Modern in the end, the essay writing part does not come as a shock to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)