Subject choices >< (1 Viewer)

brisee

HSC
Hullo XD me is an anxious year 10-er who has no idea about what to do with my prelim course. I have a month until I have to hand in my preferences ><

The problem is that I haven't the slightest clue about what I want to do in Uni, so the advice I'm getting is get the highest possible UAI so your options are open. I only want to think about Yr 11 choices now, but I still want to keep my options open for year 12.

These are the only definite subjects I have:

English Advanced
English Ext 1
Maths
Maths Ext 1
Latin Continuers
---

And... these are the ones I'm tossing up on (in order of interest XP) - and I'll have to pick 3 of these.

Italian Beginners
Ancient History
Modern History
Earth and Environmental Science
Physics

---

I suppose I'd be able to cope with those courses equally as well i.e. I don't think I'd necessarily get a better mark in any of them... =S Tis v. tricky indeed. Is any one subject going to give me a better chance of a good UAI? The whole 'get as high a UAI as possible' advice is really getting to me coz now I'm all 'marks hungry' AND I'm getting the vibe from SAM that Italian Beginners, Ancient and EES doesn't get you max-UAI. *sobs* Me in a pickle ><

Any advice would be tres awesome. Thanx heaps for reading all that *is paranoid* ><.

ellen.louise

HSC
If I was you I'd just pick up physics and modern, then the year after, only if you are performing really really exceptionally well in any of you subjects, you could pick up

maths 4u
english 4u
extension Latin if they offer it
extension history

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
brisee said:
Hullo XD me is an anxious year 10-er who has no idea about what to do with my prelim course. I have a month until I have to hand in my preferences ><
Hullo. Yeh, I understand you. Choosing subjects is a big pain in the butt in my view but I'll help you out here.

The problem is that I haven't the slightest clue about what I want to do in Uni, so the advice I'm getting is get the highest possible UAI so your options are open. I only want to think about Yr 11 choices now, but I still want to keep my options open for year 12.
In my opinion if you choose 'easy' subjects, you'd have to strive hard to get the high UAI. I think for 'options open', you meant that you will end up having as many open doors as possible for uni and I understand that you (as well as nearly everyone else in year 10) doesn't have the slightest clue about uni.

I suggest you also look at the guide to selecting HSC subjects.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=27987
P.S. You can get a UAI of 100 with any combination of subjects!

You can also change subjects throughout this year, I hope, as well as next year. Another thing- if you find Advanced English too hard, you could drop down to Standard in year 12. I like the fact that you're doing 3 units of Maths and English because it means that you could ever go up or go down for year 12 (if you know what I mean).

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i`d do one from each faculty or so ... or what you`d enjoy =)
as u can see , i kinda stuck with science cos yeah , i like it =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)