Subject Clash (1 Viewer)

tomtom1991

HSC
Math Mod 2 and EPP1 are clashing for me, Im wondering what to do. Im heading into my 2nd year, so I cant really delay math mod 2 as its a prereq for the subjects im taking next semester. However its clashing with EPP1. I was under the impression EPP1 was run externally at the uni so im not sure what to do. i emailed the student help desk but havent had a reply(over 1 month ago). Im pretty sure there would be other people in the same boat as me...

Math mod 2 had 4(2 of each) classes a week last semester, but the group that did it was a lot larger than the one I will be going with, so i doubt they will run 2 of each class per week.

:( I really dont want to miss a math lecture every friday for 5-6 weeks.

red-butterfly

HSC
You're going to have to deal with it or talk to student centre to see if they can try to change it. But it's pretty frigid :S

If you're going to be missing out on the Statistics lectures, those are fine to miss :) You could probably just look through the lecture notes and what not. But if you're going to be missing out on the calculus then you're screwed... You could ask one of your friends to tutor you or write out notes for you

SikTh

HSC
Let me know how this goes man I'm in exactly the same position, Friday morning lecture.

Fortunately I've failed enough subjects that I can do EPP in my second semester and not be held back by the uni ;)

tomtom1991

HSC
"This clash has been brought to the attention of the timetabling area however with all the other constraints that the timetable must meet we have been advised that there can be no change to the timetable which will avoid the clash between these two subjects. Unfortunately this means that you will need to amend your enrolments for 2011 so that you are not enrolling these two subject in the same semester. One possible solution is that 33230 MM2 is offered over the Summer - enrolments are still open and available. If this is not a viable alternative for you then regrettaby the only other solution is to withdraw from one of these subjects and re-enrol for a later semester."

This has kind of screwed me. Couldnt do it over the summer, and i cant unenroll from mm2 as i need it for so many of my other subjects.....sigh
i dont want to do EPP1 in spring, not even sure i can

CONTACTED head lecturer of the subject, they told me the friday lecture will be stats. So it will be missable. Just going to have to find a good way of watching/keeping up on it.

Last edited:

micuzzo

HSC
"This clash has been brought to the attention of the timetabling area however with all the other constraints that the timetable must meet we have been advised that there can be no change to the timetable which will avoid the clash between these two subjects. Unfortunately this means that you will need to amend your enrolments for 2011 so that you are not enrolling these two subject in the same semester. One possible solution is that 33230 MM2 is offered over the Summer - enrolments are still open and available. If this is not a viable alternative for you then regrettaby the only other solution is to withdraw from one of these subjects and re-enrol for a later semester."

This has kind of screwed me. Couldnt do it over the summer, and i cant unenroll from mm2 as i need it for so many of my other subjects.....sigh
i dont want to do EPP1 in spring, not even sure i can

CONTACTED head lecturer of the subject, they told me the friday lecture will be stats. So it will be missable. Just going to have to find a good way of watching/keeping up on it.

Stats is simple... the lecturer is pretty good and his notes are great.. some things are confusing but its a skipable lecture... if u found MM1 ok then stats should be very straight forward to u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)