Subject Reviews 2.0 (1 Viewer)

supercaz

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys

I have actually made a website for students to write subject reviews of their university courses.

It has taken my ages but I managed to get all the course data from the AUS and NZ universities

Anyway let me know what you think of the site and maybe this can be a more efficient way to write/read reviews?? (The thread seems quite annoying and time consuming to find reviews)

I would love some feedback so let me know

www.studentcoursereview.com

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend removing stages, it's annoying and useless. You can even remove schools and go straight to faculty of science and arrange them by alphabetical order.

supercaz

HSC
N/A
Hey thanks for the feedback - did you use the breadcrumb to find your courses? My ideal goal is for people to just search a course and it comes up in the results.

But once you find the course I have noticed people use the breadcrumb to go back to the stages and schools etc like you said. The thing is, there are just so many courses that if you did it by faculty it would be tiresome to scroll through and try find it.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
You've got a lot wrong with the USYD science. Some courses I dont think are offered and left out many that are.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i think it is a pretty good site. Just need more reviews!!! I'll do it at the end of semester

supercaz

HSC
N/A
Hey

Thanks for the comments, yea it was really hard adding Sydney courses, the site is a pain to try and find any comprehensive lists of all the courses and the university was a bit apprehensive on giving me the data. So there is feedback for people to submit missing courses which I try to update regularly. But I do still want to try get USYD to give me a excel doc of all their courses

Thanks Squar3root, yea trying to get as many as I can!

supercaz

HSC
N/A
@flashyGoldFish - New courses have been added now - thanks for the link!

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
One more thing is the star system for difficulty is obscure. Does 5 stars mean super difficult or super easy?

supercaz

HSC
N/A
yea I have had that been said to me before, i was thinking to either have a little pop-up explaining when hovering over those stars, or just have it written on either end Easy - Difficult

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Yeah thats probably better. Ive done some reviews giving a subject 5 for difficulty because it was hard and others 5 for ease so i realised it doesnt make that much sense. That idea works much better

supercaz

HSC
N/A
Hi Flashy

That difficulty rating should be fixed now - if you hover the cursor over the difficulty stars there will be a little pop up saying 1 is easy and 5 is diificult - cheers

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
That sounds great! Its one of those small improvements thatll make a big difference by being clearer. Site looks decent but needs more reviews bviously

supercaz

HSC
N/A
Yea, I have actually got an ad on boredofstudies now, a banner on the forum home page so hopefully will generate more reviews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)