Subject selection assistance (1 Viewer)

prof123

HSC
Hi guys

I am in year 10 and I should choose subjects soon. I am a sort of maths/science guy although I am quite good at writing essays and remembering stuff. I am getting in the top 3 for the grade in all my subjects and top 15 in English.

I know that I want to do at least:

4u maths (accelerated, finishing in yr 11)
Advanced English
Physics
Chemistry

I want to pick another subject/unit just in case. not sure if I should take these two subjects together. My commerce teacher suggested economics and I thought that geography would help too. My history teacher also proposed modern in that I could do extension history in yr 12. Also, should I take extension English and drop it, even though I am not as skilled.

Let me know what you think :)

si2136

HSC
N/A
10 is more than enough. But to take a safer route, pick a 1 unit or 2 unit subject.

Recommend 4U Maths, 3U Eng, Phys, Chem, Eco

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Try and have a look at the past historic performances of previous cohorts in the respective subjects.

prof123

HSC
do you think geo would be neccessary in conjunction with eco

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I do not believe that doing Geography will help you very much (most likely not all).

Kolmias

HSC
I do not believe that doing Geography will help you very much (most likely not all).
If you're interested in it however, do it. Little point in doing subjects which will "help you" but bore you to tears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)