Subject selection exams (1 Viewer)

Akanikio

HSC
my schools having subject selection exams next term to determine what subjects we do in year 11 and the exams for math and science are actually hard how should I manage my studying leading up to the exams. Also if anyone has any hard exam papers I can do that would be really helpful

moonsuyoung

HSC
For my school we don't have exams to determine subject selection but my advise would be to try reaching out to senior students and asking them how they found this test and what's in it, as well as your teachers. For maths, try to study all the topics and problem-solving with the Cambridge book or other sources if it's tested on Year 10 content.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
my schools having subject selection exams next term to determine what subjects we do in year 11 and the exams for math and science are actually hard how should I manage my studying leading up to the exams. Also if anyone has any hard exam papers I can do that would be really helpful
bruh trust me the exams are made to fail you, they only want the very capable in those adv/extension + bio classes

Akanikio

HSC
bruh trust me the exams are made to fail you, they only want the very capable in those adv/extension + bio classes
IKK I heard from others how hard it was and some guy came to speak to us about the exams and apparently someone got a 1 in math last year

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
IKK I heard from others how hard it was and some guy came to speak to us about the exams and apparently someone got a 1 in math last year
bruh i go to the same school if u want fricken flashback/trauma stories come talk to me ITS SO HARD IM TELLING U (my friend got a 7 for math)

AND THE THING THATS SO ANNOYING IS THAT I STUDIED FOR 2 MONTHS EVERY SINGLE DAY (I got good in the science one but math i got 40% so i couldnt go into advance (not that i wanted to anyway but yea its really hard))

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
oh god it looks like u go to al faisal (i got it from ur profile) good luck that school is so strict w math LMAO

nsw..wollongong

HSC
its a cult no offense they lowkey kick ppl out of the subjects bc they think that those ppl cant get a b6/e4 on it its a scary school
its no different to other schools that force their students to pick certain subjects or don't even have standard as an option,, they just favour capable students (honestly i think id rather go there than stay here my chem teacher struggled to define validity today)

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
its no different to other schools that force their students to pick certain subjects or don't even have standard as an option,, they just favour capable students (honestly i think id rather go there than stay here my chem teacher struggled to define validity today)
nah i was told to do adv math instead od taking 3u, i didnt listen and now im doing alr in the subject LOL my school is very lenient plus i was almost forbidden from doing any sciences this year bc of my year 10 self in my science class 😭

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
nah i was told to do adv math instead od taking 3u, i didnt listen and now im doing alr in the subject LOL my school is very lenient plus i was almost forbidden from doing any sciences this year bc of my year 10 self in my science class 😭
what subjects do u do

carrotsss

HSC
the schools which force kids to do advanced are typically selective - the whole idea of a selective school is to push gifted kids further, it wouldn’t make sense for them to do standard. the different with al Faisal is they clearly have a lot of really smart students, but instead of pushing the kids further, they’re holding perfectly capable kids back and making them do subjects which don’t set them up for success in life or adequately challenge them, for the pure purpose of maintaining a better school ranking.

holding kids back like that is detrimental to both their ATAR and for their learning outcomes, it’s much more beneficial for a kids learning to get a band 5 in a hard subject than a band 6 in a subject which doesn’t challenge them

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
the schools which force kids to do advanced are typically selective - the whole idea of a selective school is to push gifted kids further, it wouldn’t make sense for them to do standard. the different with al Faisal is they clearly have a lot of really smart students, but instead of pushing the kids further, they’re holding perfectly capable kids back and making them do subjects which don’t set them up for success in life or adequately challenge them, for the pure purpose of maintaining a better school ranking.

holding kids back like that is detrimental to both their ATAR and for their learning outcomes, it’s much more beneficial for a kids learning to get a band 5 in a hard subject than a band 6 in a subject which doesn’t challenge them
no in our school we're not "forced" if we have the option. For example, legal is a selective subject that i was offered but i wasnt forced to do it. But other subjects like math std is forced if ur bad at it (because u have to do math here)

Akanikio

HSC
no in our school we're not "forced" if we have the option. For example, legal is a selective subject that i was offered but i wasnt forced to do it. But other subjects like math std is forced if ur bad at it (because u have to do math here)
yea kinda but like if you suck at math and want to do like physics that's on the same line as legal you will be pushed to do another subject and if you suck at English but you want to do legal you'll be forced to do another subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)