• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection for next year (1 Viewer)

jackiebanh

HSC
Should i do Engineering Studies?
I've heard that you have to be one of the best students in the state to get a good scale.
I don't know whether i should choose Engineering Studies, is anything learn't relevant to university courses.
Will i get a good scaling from it?

enoilgam

HSC
Engineering studies is around average in terms of scaling, so it should be fine given that your aim is 95. Why do you want to do engineering out of curiosity?

jackiebanh

HSC
I find the mechanics of airplanes interesting and would like to know more about the functions and one day be working on them. I want to know if Engineering Studies in high school will help me when i get to university.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Engineering studies would be a great pick if you wanted to study engineering at uni.
You learn the basics of mechanics, materials, and design, all of which are studied in great detail at uni.
I don't know about scaling or if you "have to be the very best that no one ever was in order to scale well", just study hard like you do with all your subjects, it can be quite at first.

The Matrix

HSC
If you want to do engineering at university, engineering studies isn't required at all, however, MX1 and physics are considered assumed knowledge so I recommend doing MX1 and physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)