Subject Selection for Yr 12 (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I dont even know if im going to year 12, you see ive taken 29 days of from school, that is below my schools attendance requirement 85%

However the school has not told me anything, and the rules state
“For post-compulsory students, Principals may determine an appropriate attendance
pattern(s) that will allow each student to achieve the outcomes of each course being
studied.
Students whose attendance is called into question will be required to prove to the
Principal’s satisfaction, following a review of their performance, that they are meeting
the course completion criteria (see Section 11.4.1).
Principals must give students early written warning of the consequences of absences in
terms of course completion criteria.
If the first warning letter is not effective, a further warning letter(s) should be sent
(see sample letters in Appendices 5 and 6).” [ACE 11.5]

I have not recieved that letter yet.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh, after the first semester the principal was giving us this lecture about how we will be the leaders of the college blah blah, he said we need to participate and all that stuff, so he said he will be checking our attendance at the whole school events. LOL, I was away for all of them and he said nothing.

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I'm hoping to do:
English (Adv)
Maths Extension 1 (resitting the HSC next year)
Not sure whether to sit Maths Extension 2 or resit the HSC for Mathematics Adv.
Physics
Business Studies
Studies of Religion 1
Philosophy (if i get in) or I keep Software Design & Development (if I don't get philosophy).

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Extension 2 Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Advanced English, SOR 1

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
engis
busty
bigy
reliy
matty's ex 2, I am not doing matty's ex 1 again.
cosie

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Shoom said:
I dont even know if im going to year 12, you see ive taken 29 days of from school, that is below my schools attendance requirement 85%

However the school has not told me anything, and the rules state
“For post-compulsory students, Principals may determine an appropriate attendance
pattern(s) that will allow each student to achieve the outcomes of each course being
studied.
Students whose attendance is called into question will be required to prove to the
Principal’s satisfaction, following a review of their performance, that they are meeting
the course completion criteria (see Section 11.4.1).
Principals must give students early written warning of the consequences of absences in
terms of course completion criteria.
If the first warning letter is not effective, a further warning letter(s) should be sent
(see sample letters in Appendices 5 and 6).” [ACE 11.5]

I have not recieved that letter yet.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh, after the first semester the principal was giving us this lecture about how we will be the leaders of the college blah blah, he said we need to participate and all that stuff, so he said he will be checking our attendance at the whole school events. LOL, I was away for all of them and he said nothing.
Those attendance requirements are just a scare tactic used by your principal.
I think it only matters in Year 12, but for Year 11 it's up to your principal.. I think

English Adv.
Maths Extension 2
Physics
Modern History

eliseliselise

HSC
my subjects are kinda in question atm....

i am DEFINITELY, no-nonsense doing the following:

4u eng, bio, chem

so i will have 3 lines of frees. and i am more than likely going to become suicidal during that time, or shall take up some health degenerating activity like alcoholism and begin my slow, yet unholy fall from grace... SO! i'm hoping i get into philosophy so i can fill my life with something, but if i don't then that means that i would probably have done crap in maths; so i can do that again!!! "yay"!!! i'm not sure if i will mentally be able to cope with that though... too much deja vu..

i agree with whoever said "acceleration is about as fair as using a computer for the HSC due to 'scappy handwriting' or 'a sore w
rist'" lol... its just weird.

bubblesss

HSC
ive finalized my subjects

adv eng
maths ext 2
bio
phy
chem
might be taking saturday school for language if i drop physics:D

lolokay

HSC
mx2, physics, chemistry, adv english (I think)

bubblesss

HSC
ratcher0071 said:
Can you do Extension 1 English for Yr 12 even though you did not do it in Yr 11?
i think u can if u get really good marks in adv eng prelim finals. but most people won't be up for it since they've already missed a year of it.:uhhuh:

IWishIWasAModel

HSC
im so excited about next term because ill only be doing 4 subjects cause i did software this year AND im dropping maths which makes me so so so happy!!!! heheheheheheheh yay!

anyways im doing english advanced (because i have to) physics textiles and society and culture

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Shoom said:
I took about 40-something days off school in year 12. Shit all happened to me. :D

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Extension 1 English
Extension 2 Maths
Chemistry
Physics

Total of 11 units. :)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
4U English
2U Mathematics
2U Biology
2U Chemistry
2U Geography
2U Food Technology
Total 14U (want to drop maths but not allowed to damn it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)