Subject Selection Help (1 Viewer)

w_starrthomas

HSC
Hi, just a little concerned about subject selection for next year.
My goals:
- high atar, maybe high 80's, low 90's
- possibly doing something in the medical industry

What I am thinking of doing:
- Mathematics Advanced
- Studies of Religion 2 Unit (currently doing accelerated sor2, basically means that I am doing year 11 content in year 10, and year 12 content in year 11)
- Japanese Continuers (absolute beast at japanese, like getting possibly considering extension)
- Chemistry (recommended to do this if I want to do medical stuff, not biology because according to the science teachers at my school its completely irrelevant)
- English Advanced (im kind of bad at english but I definitely have the drive and motivation for it)
- Units 11 and 12 i have no clue what to do, maybe legal (cause seems interesting), modern / ancient history, art (because it seems cool) or something else in the buisness studies, finance region

All help is appreciated :)

mooni08

HSC
i'm also struggling with my subject selections but what a lot of teachers and older students have repeated to me is that choosing subjects that u enjoy/ willing to put effort in/ are good at will help maximise ur atar. i'd suggest asking the teachers at ur school for a look into the syllabus and skills required to see if u'd enjoy the subject or not and make decisions on that c:

good luck with subject selections though!

idkkdi

HSC
Hi, just a little concerned about subject selection for next year.
My goals:
- high atar, maybe high 80's, low 90's
- possibly doing something in the medical industry

What I am thinking of doing:
- Mathematics Advanced
- Studies of Religion 2 Unit (currently doing accelerated sor2, basically means that I am doing year 11 content in year 10, and year 12 content in year 11)
- Japanese Continuers (absolute beast at japanese, like getting possibly considering extension)
- Chemistry (recommended to do this if I want to do medical stuff, not biology because according to the science teachers at my school its completely irrelevant)
- English Advanced (im kind of bad at english but I definitely have the drive and motivation for it)
- Units 11 and 12 i have no clue what to do, maybe legal (cause seems interesting), modern / ancient history, art (because it seems cool) or something else in the buisness studies, finance region

All help is appreciated :)
mx1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)