HSC
Hey,
I am currently doing,
- english std
- math std
- business
- sor II
- biology

but i do not know what to choose for my last subject, i want it to be, cafs, society and culture or modern history.
I dont really want to do modern history as sor II is a lot of essays so i dont want to overload myself, but i am good at ancient history, but my school doesnt offer it.
What should i do?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Since you do not seem to be inclined towards taking Modern History, perhaps gaining a better understanding of Community and Family Studies as well as Society and Culture would assist you in making an informed decision regarding the subject to choose:
  • Community and Family Studies deals with the diverse nature and interdependence of families and communities within Australian society. It involves addressing contemporary issues that families and communities face.
  • Society and Culture focuses on developing social and cultural literacy as well as understanding the manner in which interactions shape human behaviour. It provides the opportunity to undertake research in a specific area of interest while emphasising cross-disciplinary concepts and particular methods of research.
Based on this, one can infer that Society and Culture features a more significant research aspect than Community and Family Studies. Here, you may wish to consider whether you would be interested in a combination of learning content and research or whether you would instead prefer to focus more on content.

Alternatively, you may wish to take an additional subject (resulting in a total of 14 units). In such a case, you could take both Community and Family Studies and Society and Culture, allowing you to experience both subjects at no expense given the fact that none of your year 11 results contribute to your HSC results or ATAR. You can subsequently make a decision as to which of the two subjects you should keep at a later point in time, by which you would have become more familiar with each subject.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)