Subjects dilemma! Help! (1 Viewer)

SUeeeeee

HSC
Subjects dilemma! Help Me PLEASE! really need opinions!

okay so i have my general maths exam tomorrow...
I cannot remember how to do anything!
So should I drop it?
I do okay in my assessments but when it comes to yearly exams I cannot remember!
I got about 65/70 in my last exam
i rank in the top 10, highest ranking was 5

I already do Adv. English, Modern History, Ancient History, Ext. English, Legal Studies and Studies of Religion 1 Unit
Hoping for an ATAR over 95 - with ^^those subjects will dropping Maths make a large difference? also I am really bad at SOR got ranked 75 in my half yearlies :(... cannot drop it cause I am @ a catholic school!

Also If i drop General Math should I pick up EXT history instead???

Last edited:
HSC
ok i think you probably should drop it. but drop after you do your exams. just see how you go, besides whatever you do in your prelims wont count towards the HSC.

if you enjoy history, which by the looks of it you do id pick up ext history. so in that way SOR might not count towards your best 10 units next year.
but if you really dont enjoy history dont bother picking it up. ive also heard it demands a lot of work so think about that also. plus 5u of history is woahhhhh!!! lol

what are you finding difficult about SOR?

SUeeeeee

HSC
Ahh im finding all the islam stuff hard, especially I have a very crap teaher who cannot control my class! which means I dont learn!
maybe it may change next year im not sure!
but the only issues I have with like my histories is remembering dates I AM VERY BAD WITH NUMBERS... also one of the teachers said that no one is smart enough to do extension history!

I know I have many writing essay subjects but like I like it
LIke with ext history do you have an exam?
what does it involve ??

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
if you got 65/70 then you are good at maths. Can't you pick up ext history and do general maths with it?

SUeeeeee

HSC
if you got 65/70 then you are good at maths. Can't you pick up ext history and do general maths with it?
BUT
like that means I will be doing 13 units??
like isnt that too much?
plus i got 65/70 in a money and assessment cant remember exatly
but in my rankings for half yearlies i got 8

Last edited:
HSC
Ahh im finding all the islam stuff hard, especially I have a very crap teaher who cannot control my class! which means I dont learn!
maybe it may change next year im not sure!
but the only issues I have with like my histories is remembering dates I AM VERY BAD WITH NUMBERS... also one of the teachers said that no one is smart enough to do extension history!

I know I have many writing essay subjects but like I like it
LIke with ext history do you have an exam?
what does it involve ??
oh ok well i basically self taught myself the whole SOR course and it ended up being my strongest subject so yeah if you give it some time maybe it'll work out?

maybe you should approach your history teachers personally about diong extension history if they said that than.
good luck!!

smasherX21

HSC
BUT
like isnt that too much?
What are your rankings for your other subjects?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
BUT
like isnt that too much?
It's a lot but you can always keep it for two weeks or so and then drop one of them. I mean, how would u know whether History Extension is your cup of tea? If you drop General Maths, and pick up History Extension you're on 11 units. and then if you decide to drop history Extension, you're on 10 units. I dunno, 10 units is a little risky + you can't drop another subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)