subjects for yr 12 (1 Viewer)

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 回覆: Re: subjects for yr 12

Jachie said:
The only joy the HSC gives me at this stage is that it'll mark the end of high school. :) Still, good on you for being so positive and good-natured about it all.
You will understand how good the Australian system is if you have been to a school in another country. The schools in my country are so boring!! They encourage students to memorise everything in textbook and going through word to word in texbook. There is never a assignment set to make you actually understand and learn stuff! All you get is lots of homework , tests and exams . The textbooks are so boring and easy(contain little information)!!In a test, you have to answer the same as what the text book said!!If you make up your own answer, the teachers just don't like it!And students here are so shy to ask questions !!If you ask a question in class ! The whole class will look at you! They think it's right not to ask any questions and asking question is embrassing! Students just won't think or apply what they really learn!! :sleep: Also, no one speak english during english lesson! It is considered to be "embrassing" like asking questions !

It is required to do two really hard external exams , one in year 11, year 13 before getting into university! Students just get a lot of pressure at school! And you have to be competitive academically to stay alive at school.

I glad that I 'm away form this boring system ! In this HSC system , you actually learn something !!And you feel it's intesting too! Allthough there are a lot work in assignments !

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: subjects for yr 12

simonloo said:
I swear HKHSCstudent has a fetish for exclamation marks.

:santa:
Computer says duh.

Anyway, I appreciate the Australian education system on some level, so I hear what you're saying. It really depends on what mood I'm in. It's just that nine times out of ten, it's a "fuck school" kind of mood.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Oh sorry. That didn't come out quite right. Those are my subject choice for year 12, atm I am doing the following:

3U Maths
3U English
2U Chemistry
2U Legal Studies
2U Economics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)