• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subjects to choose/keep till HSC (1 Viewer)

..07hscer..

HSC
Hey there yr 10 students,

There are new "bonus points" systems available out there, which can be acquired by doing the relevant subjects to the relevant degrees, by also achieving certain criteria (i.e. band 5 in maths etc.)

Here's a thread that was made in the HSC forumn section,

So if you really want journalism for e.g - see what subjects could get you what points etc.

Note: it's not available for medicine and optometry

UNSW does it, they call it HSC plus
UTS as well has it, called "hsc bonus"
ANU has the UniTEST its a test you do which can help your admission chances
MAcq has the UniTEST as well
UWS has the Regional bonus scheme(check your postcode in the table) and The bounus points for subjects, as well
USYD Id actually call up and see what subjects could get you bonus points if they offer

here's the thread - in it, is the links as well.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/671/general-discussion-2007-hsc/152880/hsc-plus-uni-test.html

After searching for what course you would like to/are intrested in, maybe it will alter, perhaps, what subjects you choose as it will help you to achieve your goal, if you miss the dreaded cut-off's.

Enjoy

edit: (band 5: 80-89 and band 6:90-100)

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, our Careers' Advisor told us about this "105.00 UAI" thingo, and everyone was just looking around at each other and going: WTH is he on about?

But anyway, thanks for the information. Looks like the subjects I've chosen are good for a Bachelor of Science in Communications. :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
The UTS HSC Bonus Scheme does not provide extra points to Arts & Law degrees - meaning no extra points for those interested in journalism or law. The purpose of providing extra points is to minimise the shortages in those areas and since Law and Arts does not fall under that list - bonus points are not given.

Uts only offers a maxiumum of 5 uai points to those interested in degrees in the following areas:

Science
IT
Business
Design

A maximum of 6 points is offered to those who do any engineering degree.

:)

Also, the last time i checked (i could be wrong about this) UNSW offers extra points for certain courses to those students who do up to 4u english and math. When i went to a seminar provided by UNSW - that's what we were told.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Awww...party poopers. :p
I guess I wasn't really paying attention in assembly, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)