Subjects (1 Viewer)

spatula232

HSC
Okay so I have to finalise my subjects for next year.
- Maths w/ MX1
- Eng. Advanced
- Physics
- Economics
- Legal Studies
- Studies of Religion 1

The only thing Im concerned about is if I could actually manage. I only have 12 units and will have to keep all of these till the start of Yr 12. I am prepared to really knuckle down next year, but even if I do, can I manage? Or am I just getting ahead of myself? Any advice or tips would be great lol

- btw I don't know what I would do other than those, probably pdhpe for economics but not that interested in doing pd

Last edited:

simplyinsanity

HSC
The only thing Im concerned about is if I could actually manage. I only have 12 units and will have to keep all of these till the start of Yr 12. I am prepared to really knuckle down next year, but even if I do, can I manage? Or am I just getting ahead of myself? Any advice or tips would be great lol
You need to have 12 units for prelim year so of course you should be able to manage.

t0fu

HSC
Isn't SOR1 just a bludge subject lol. You should be fine because I chose similar subjects and I'm not worried.

bhsrepresent

HSC
Okay so I have to finalise my subjects for next year.
- Maths w/ MX1
- Eng. Advanced
- Physics
- Economics
- Legal Studies
- Studies of Religion 1

- btw I don't know what I would do other than those, probably pdhpe for economics but not that interested in doing pd
Do economics. I do both economics and pdhpe, and I can tell you now, if you engage enough and appreciate the content, economics is much more fulfilling and + it scales better.

PDHPE, although it's easy and doesnt take much work (its all about memorization around exams and practicing short answers tbh), is pretty boring (+ it doesn't scale as well as most subjects)

Eco on the other hand, especially if you get good at it, is very engaging and conceptual - applicable to the real world and as a whole much more stimulating.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
It depends on what you want to do as a future job. Otherwise you waste your time. A lot.
If you're just aiming to gain points, then consider either religious studies or agriculture I hear they're pretty good at getting marks

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you are planning to go to uni, choose subjects that will support you in your future course. If you are capable, choose the basic foundational disciplnes. Your choice so far is quite solid. I suppose you do SOR because you have no choice.Else why do it? If you love religion, you can always study yourself, out of personal interest, when you have the time. But if you love Latin and are determined to do it, then you have to do it in school, since it is very difficult to study it yourself.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are planning to go to uni, choose subjects that will support you in your future course. If you are capable, choose the basic foundational disciplnes. Your choice so far is quite solid. I suppose you do SOR because you have no choice.Else why do it? If you love religion, you can always study yourself, out of personal interest, when you have the time. But if you love Latin and are determined to do it, then you have to do it in school, since it is very difficult to study it yourself.
+1. SDD will help will comp science and programming. Economics will help with commerce. Biology and chemistry will help with pharmacy. Etc. etcc.

spatula232

HSC
Or should I do PDH instead of Extension Maths, or is it worth trying hard to do well in maths?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Doing well in a subject should have nothing to do with it. You should choose subjects that will open up your future.

spatula232

HSC
Doing well in a subject should have nothing to do with it. You should choose subjects that will open up your future.
Therefore Ext will probably give me more opportunities. But will it be too much work, or is it manageable?

Study notes

HSC
Therefore Ext will probably give me more opportunities. But will it be too much work, or is it manageable?
It's definitely manageable. Don't give up on the first 3U content you get exposed to. If it really confuses you, make sure you get it sorted out but once you understand it and practice by doing questions from text book or past papers, you should be fine. If not, you can always drop back to 2U.

For PDHPE, it's mainly theory so if you got most of your marks in year 10 from practical PE, probably safer to choose Ext1 maths. It's a lot more interesting too :p

spatula232

HSC
It's definitely manageable. Don't give up on the first 3U content you get exposed to. If it really confuses you, make sure you get it sorted out but once you understand it and practice by doing questions from text book or past papers, you should be fine. If not, you can always drop back to 2U.

For PDHPE, it's mainly theory so if you got most of your marks in year 10 from practical PE, probably safer to choose Ext1 maths. It's a lot more interesting too :p
Yeah, makes sense. My marks were probs from the theory tho lol. i think i'll just stick it out. thanks for your input

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)