subs for year 12 (1 Viewer)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
hey i am just wondering if anyone could offer me advice for what subs to pursue for year 12!

i currently
do:
i dont have offical marks and ranking but i have approximations

advanced english ( 8/62 79%)
extensions english ( 5/16 88%)
mathematics ( 3/ 60 89%)
extension mathematics ( 10/26 66%)
chemistry 4/ 38 82%)
ancient history ( 5/ 40 83%)
business studies ( 1/25 85%)

What i wish to drop: ext maths and chem ( at least one of those)
What i may like to drop: ext eng and biz studies

obviosuly i cant drop that much though!

i have 12 units and have pickes up ext hist so that will be 13 units. I DO NOT WISH TO DO 10 units as i am scared of stuffing up and am not confident with 3 u eng and 3 u of history. i would utimately like to do 11 units, or if i have to 12

does any one have any advice or recommenddations?
any input greatly appreciated

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
^^ thanks for advice guys. yeah i would like to drop ext maths! .. but our teachers said even though it is my worst mark, it mightn actually be because in the hsc scaling will take place . so i dunno

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
mate dont think of it that way u want to be doin well in any extention subjects if u are doin them.. 66 will prob get u a scaled mark of about 75-80 which is below the average in the state and u will get scaled down in the uai 4 it

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
ya our teacher said that 60 in ext 1 equates to 70
and 50 in 4 unit goes to 70

HSC
i suggest drop extension maths if you really hate it. don't drop chemistry since you're doing better in that subject and have an amazing ranking comparing with your mark and ranking in extension maths. chem also scales high.
another suggestion is keep all your subjects since you're doing 12 units which is a good number of units in yr 12, improve on your maths marks and ranking and it's all good.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I've heard that a 50 in 4unit goes to about 90, from various sources. Wrong or not?

E

eling

drop business studies..it'll ovaload ur brain n take up history extension :p its beta scaling n interesting n u can prepare well 4 it in exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)