• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sucky Crushes (1 Viewer)

cupcake08

HSC
iambored said:
there's a very fine line between treating someone like a friend and trying hard not to lead them on compared to giving mixed messages. a lot of the time the line lies with the receiver - if you like the person, they must be giving mixed messages, if you don't, then they're treating you like a friend but not leading you on.

like, maybe he's not playing you. maybe he would be playing you more if he was sweet all the time (and he doesn't want a relationship, therefore he would be leading you on). on the other hand, if he doesn't want a relationship, but thinks you're a great person, is he supposed to ignore you all the time?
true, but theres no excuse for shameless flirting and then giving her the cold shoulder

tlodg

HSC
N/A
emmaj3an said:
I mean, is it a guy thing or what, to show no emotion? Like I've liked this guy for a while, and all he's doing is playing me! It drives me insane (well, MORE insane, anyway!) Like, he's sweet and cute and then the next minute, he's ignoring me and seems totally unaware of my very existence. WTF??
:confused:
Ideas and suggestions welcome on my sit-iation
Why don't you ask him?

oh wait..

the odds are he won't admit to showing signs of "playing you"

"sweet and cute" .... how?

HSC
if hes smart he wont be too affectionite. trust me, youd rather than in a guy than a wuss.

emmaj3an

HSC
Hmm, I dont know how to quote, but this is a reply to tlodg - ["sweet and cute" ... how?]

Well, he flirts and kisses and hugs me and tells me he loves me, and then he totally colds me! It drives me crazy!

BTW, thanks all for your help, I haven't confronted him yet, and I don't know if I will ... I mean, should I risk our friendship at the expense of honesty (if you are all right and he doesn't like me)? Or should I wait and see what goes down?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
emmaj3an said:
Well, he flirts and kisses and hugs me and tells me he loves me, and then he totally colds me! It drives me crazy!
Does he sex you up and give you valentines? does he do anything else to anybody esle?

To me it sounds like he has commitment problems

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
emmaj3an said:
Hmm, I dont know how to quote, but this is a reply to tlodg - ["sweet and cute" ... how?]

BTW, thanks all for your help, I haven't confronted him yet, and I don't know if I will ... I mean, should I risk our friendship at the expense of honesty (if you are all right and he doesn't like me)? Or should I wait and see what goes down?
that's a bit extreme! not what i was expecting.
umm, well if he's kissing and hugging you and saying he loves you and doesn't like you... i think it's probably worth risking the friendship because he's being an idiot.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl. Funny guy. Even funnier girl to still be confused.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Most guys are brought up to believe that emotions are a sign of weakness and to believe in cold hard logic. This can be further worsened by rejection and other issues which will make them fearful of having their emotions hurt, so they bury their emotions so deep they can not feel a thing. No, this is not some sob story.

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
Davriel said:
Most guys are brought up to believe that emotions are a sign of weakness and to believe in cold hard logic. This can be further worsened by rejection and other issues which will make them fearful of having their emotions hurt, so they bury their emotions so deep they can not feel a thing. No, this is not some sob story.
true dat. eg comfortably numby by pink floyd

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
the same happened 2 me... the guy always hugged me, kissed me, and we held hands
...it turned out that he didnt like me in that way lol
but he was ugly anywayz... so meh
If he does that to the girls he didnt like that way, what does he do to the girls that he actually likes..........

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
You're a waste of time.

Emo shuns ftw. Stoicism is an emotion too, k.

Legham

HSC
^Do you know how to pronounce that Stoicism word? It's a good'n.. i'd never seen it before, and none of the definitions google gave me had the pronunciation..

I still dont know what you mean by "shuns" though.. Not even sure if that was a crack at me or not..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)