Sudden change in attitude? (1 Viewer)

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Hi guys!

I read somewhere that, if a male friend suddenly changes his attitude towards you, it may mean that he likes you.

I am not sure..but this is what happened.

I met this guy from uni (a few times). We spoke briefly in person, but on fb we always chat a lot once we start,
and it's so natural like we are very close friends who confide in each other (even intimate details about relationship pasts).

However, I didn't feel that he liked me beyond friendship.

I left the state we met, but kept in touch as friends.

Recently, I visited his state and so we met up (the first time, formally..in the past we just walked by and chat briefly in person)
to have an actual decent conversation in person.

After that, he started texting and/or messaging me on fb quite often. So about 1 or 2 mins after we parted, he texted me
regarding his friend who we just saw, and also about other things and he also talked to me on fb a lot more.
He also commented on how happy we looked in the pic.

I don't know if I'm over-reading things, or that he became interested after we had a decent meet up.
I'm curious because I wanted to know whether someone so much younger than me can be interested...and if so I'd be quite happy about it :)

Thank you guys!

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Woah, whats the age difference?
>6 years

Additional points:

after we met,
he showed me some new pic of him saying "see how sexy I am" (in a sarcastic way)
and also when we met up, he kept trying to make me laugh (by making a funny face repeatedly when I laughed at it every time)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely the possibility he could be interested. But you live in different states, so that's a pretty big divide (unless you live on the state border)...Long distance is never an easy thing especially in establishing a relationship.

What's the age difference? Seeing as you are both in university I can't imagine it being too massive.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Oh I thought over 10 or something for a second haha. Me personally, I am in a bit of a perplexing situation with a guy too, so im afraid i cant offer any help sorry.

Ohh ok, thanks for caring though. Would you like to share your story so we can try to offer some advice?

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Definitely the possibility he could be interested. But you live in different states, so that's a pretty big divide (unless you live on the state border)...Long distance is never an easy thing especially in establishing a relationship.

What's the age difference? Seeing as you are both in university I can't imagine it being too massive.
Hey LoveHateSchool, thanks for your advice.
Yeah you're right, which is why I doubt whether he's interested, or maybe he just cherishes our friendship even more after meeting up.
We can talk so naturally and find each other's topics interesting...despite the age differences..
and even before we met, I already felt that he's been there for me when I was sad.
It's just that, after we met he initiated contact more (txting, and messaging on fb) whereas in the past it was usually me striking up a chat first.

I'm 26, he's 19.

Geneveeev96

HSC
Ohh ok, thanks for caring though. Would you like to share your story so we can try to offer some advice?
I made a thread a few days ago. basically I was too shy to talk to a guy I felt very strongly attracted to, and I just couldnt stand it any longer, so I went over with my friend to him and two of his friends, and we just introduced ourselves and sat down with them and started talking. My friend is an extremely good talker so she made things much easier for me psychologically speaking haha. And yea, we talked for maybe 15 mins and then my friend and I walked off. It was one of the most riveting 15 mins of my life haha. This was on friday btw.

And yea today I added him on skype and he accepted, but we havent talked yet. Wondering what to say LOL
but I feel a teensy bit disappointed he hasnt written to me first, I worry that might mean he has no interest in talking to me :(

stickywages

HSC
N/A
I made a thread a few days ago. basically I was too shy to talk to a guy I felt very strongly attracted to, and I just couldnt stand it any longer, so I went over with my friend to him and two of his friends, and we just introduced ourselves and sat down with them and started talking. My friend is an extremely good talker so she made things much easier for me psychologically speaking haha. And yea, we talked for maybe 15 mins and then my friend and I walked off. It was one of the most riveting 15 mins of my life haha. This was on friday btw.

And yea today I added him on skype and he accepted, but we havent talked yet. Wondering what to say LOL
but I feel a teensy bit disappointed he hasnt written to me first, I worry that might mean he has no interest in talking to me :(
Hey first of all, I think what you and your friend did was amazing and inspiring. I believe women can initiate knowing a man they are interested in.

It shows you are confident and know what you want to do.

Just because he hasn't talked first doesn't mean he's not interested.

In fact there is a guy around 20 years old who said yes he does like girls but he will not do anything to chase the girl he likes.

So, maybe you can start by asking something casual (not requiring difficult thinking) but also slightly creative and fun to answer.

Then, you can try to be friends first -- some of the best relationships start with friendship!

Just try to know him better as a friend first, either way you may potentially gain a friendship which is so great and valuable in life.

Geneveeev96

HSC
Hey first of all, I think what you and your friend did was amazing and inspiring. I believe women can initiate knowing a man they are interested in.

It shows you are confident and know what you want to do.

Just because he hasn't talked first doesn't mean he's not interested.

In fact there is a guy around 20 years old who said yes he does like girls but he will not do anything to chase the girl he likes.

So, maybe you can start by asking something casual (not requiring difficult thinking) but also slightly creative and fun to answer.

Then, you can try to be friends first -- some of the best relationships start with friendship!

Just try to know him better as a friend first, either way you may potentially gain a friendship which is so great and valuable in life.
o, well thanks haha. My friend kinda grabbed me by the arm and said "we're going to do this" LOL
She's absolutely fearless. I dont know how she cant even feel the slightest sense of butterflies in the stomach when talking to guys like the one i like.
OMG THE THOUGHT JUST POPPED INTO MY HEAD!!! MAYBE I CAN ASK HIM TO THE YR 12 FORMAL!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG
How the heck am I gonna manage that?? :'(

WHat can I say to him for my very first skype message? OMG IM SO EXCITED I wish I could just ask him to the formal right now!! lool im sad -_-

stickywages

HSC
N/A
o, well thanks haha. My friend kinda grabbed me by the arm and said "we're going to do this" LOL
She's absolutely fearless. I dont know how she cant even feel the slightest sense of butterflies in the stomach when talking to guys like the one i like.
OMG THE THOUGHT JUST POPPED INTO MY HEAD!!! MAYBE I CAN ASK HIM TO THE YR 12 FORMAL!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG
How the heck am I gonna manage that?? :'(

WHat can I say to him for my very first skype message? OMG IM SO EXCITED I wish I could just ask him to the formal right now!! lool im sad -_-
Hey, anything is possible :)

You can simply say "Hi" first...I read somewhere that "Hi" is actually a good way to initiate a conversation.

And I think you are very brave :) Your friend is too! Ask him to the prom if that's what you really want to do - don't let anyone else affect your decision to do so! (Unless he has a gf/wife of course)

Geneveeev96

HSC
Hey, anything is possible :)

You can simply say "Hi" first...I read somewhere that "Hi" is actually a good way to initiate a conversation.

And I think you are very brave :) Your friend is too! Ask him to the prom if that's what you really want to do - don't let anyone else affect your decision to do so! (Unless he has a gf/wife of course)
"hi"? ReallY?
I always found that cheesy. AHH I wanna think of something cool to say! Well maybe "hi" is good but he's probably immediately think im interested and thus lose his interest... just a plain "hi" gives it all away! :(
He doesnt have a wife lol, he's in grade 12.
omg I dont actualy know if he has a girlfriend.. :alone:

stickywages

HSC
N/A
"hi"? ReallY?
I always found that cheesy. AHH I wanna think of something cool to say! Well maybe "hi" is good but he's probably immediately think im interested and thus lose his interest... just a plain "hi" gives it all away! :(
He doesnt have a wife lol, he's in grade 12.
omg I dont actualy know if he has a girlfriend.. :alone:
Don't worry, if he really likes you he won't lose interest :) In fact he will be MORE interested when you say Hi!

If u wanna know you can always ask him. It doesn't hurt to ask!

stickywages

HSC
N/A
hahaha

today, he told me his friends thought we were on a date (when they saw us after it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)