Suggestions for a good asian economy? (1 Viewer)

cookiez69

What a stupid name, Nat.
HSC
Hey guys, I just received my first economics assignment, and I'm in need of a good asian economy (besides Japan) to study. Any suggestions?

The Question is:
Discuss the economic characteristics of the selected Asian economy and compare and contrast it to the Australian economy

The following areas must be addressed in your essay:
-Economic growth
-Employment and unemployment
-Quality of life
-Environmental quality

Yeah... so I don't need answers, I'd just like suggestions for an asian economy and maybe a reason why you'd choose it. Thank you!

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
China or India would be fairly decent places to look into, since their economic growth is quite high, i guess there's an avenue to argue that they traded their QOL and Environmental quality, but they'd be quite common as other would look into it as well. You can try South Korea, i'd say that it would be an interesting avenue to look into

Balls2u

HSC
Hey guys, I just received my first economics assignment, and I'm in need of a good asian economy (besides Japan) to study. Any suggestions?

The Question is:
Discuss the economic characteristics of the selected Asian economy and compare and contrast it to the Australian economy

The following areas must be addressed in your essay:
-Economic growth
-Employment and unemployment
-Quality of life
-Environmental quality

Yeah... so I don't need answers, I'd just like suggestions for an asian economy and maybe a reason why you'd choose it. Thank you!
I swear you go to sbhs......Unless other schools had a similar assessment.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
I have the same assignment and i do t go to sbhs

Ive done everything except the environmental sustainability which i have nfi what to write about

China or India would be fairly decent places to look into, since their economic growth is quite high, i guess there's an avenue to argue that they traded their QOL and Environmental quality, but they'd be quite common as other would look into it as well. You can try South Korea, i'd say that it would be an interesting avenue to look into
You cant do China because its done in year 12?

OP, maybe you could do Indonesia

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I have the same assignment and i do t go to sbhs

Ive done everything except the environmental sustainability which i have nfi what to write about

You cant do China because its done in year 12?

OP, maybe you could do Indonesia
What did you do yours on?

chrisman9519

HSC
I would 100% say Mongolia. Reasons:

- 17.3% growth rate 2011
- extreme export reliance on primary industries (mining, agriculture)
- very interesting history with communism and market transition
- between China and Russia
- huge direct investment into its mining industry recently - mining boom, parallels to Australia, Terms of trade
- very exposed to world economy
- I believe, one of the greatest examples of the principle of comparative advantage - countries doing what they will do the best at

There's a lot more, but recent statistics and trends make it ripe for analysis. I think you should do Mongolia.

HSC
Uni Grad
China's the best and easiest. Loads of info, you can talk about the various reforms and Five Year Plans, and how they have shaped China's economy, movement from State Owned Enterprises (basically governemnt run business like the old tesltra, Australia post etc) to Special Economic Zones (areas of communist China which have near market economy structures) etc...

matt16

HSC
This was a question in a last year's HSC and relates to the topic of the Global Economy, hence why a lot of schools are using it. I had the same question too. :)

matt16

HSC
China is not too difficult however a lot of people do it. I did Indonesia.

reader007

HSC
South Korea is a good economy to do, it's pretty easy to find all of the information you need.

Jimmy2064

HSC
I would 100% say Mongolia. Reasons:

- 17.3% growth rate 2011
- extreme export reliance on primary industries (mining, agriculture)
- very interesting history with communism and market transition
- between China and Russia
- huge direct investment into its mining industry recently - mining boom, parallels to Australia, Terms of trade
- very exposed to world economy
- I believe, one of the greatest examples of the principle of comparative advantage - countries doing what they will do the best at

There's a lot more, but recent statistics and trends make it ripe for analysis. I think you should do Mongolia.
I second that movement.

ShayK

HSC
Don't do China or India because it would be too common in class. And yeah marker won't like the repetition.
Try Thailand or well Mongolia as stated above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)