Suggestions for Major Project? (1 Viewer)

Carmen909

HSC
I'm really stuck, I don't know what I want to do. Probably something Modern, a People topic.. Something Arty Maybe? I'm really not into War topics.. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Thecorey0

HSC
I'm really stuck, I don't know what I want to do. Probably something Modern, a People topic.. Something Arty Maybe? I'm really not into War topics.. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
The most important thing is to choose a topic you have a passion for. Personally I think it is the perfect opportunity to look into the areas the syllabus ignores i.e. something that has always interested you, but you have never had the chance in class to learn about.

Carmen909

HSC
Yeah I think that too. Good Plan, thanks. I just can't think of anything lol!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah I think that too. Good Plan, thanks. I just can't think of anything lol!
Think back over the stuff you studied in say Years 7, 8 and 9 and see if there is anything there that you would like to study in more detail but watch for the syllabus stuff in the Ancient courses.

Topics my kids have done over the years:

2000 Election in the US
How conspiracy theories affect the way we view people
Titanic
Eisenhower
Gallileo
1932 Dismissal by Sir Philip Game
Knights Templar
Mariyln Monroe and other icons
Gunpowder Plot and affect on Roman Catholics

and many others.

Carmen909

HSC
how would something like photographic history go? History since Photos.

Like examining how not everything can be documented, (at least back in WWI etc..)
..something about how what's not recorded is forgotten, and how photography has developed...what do you think/could anyone help?

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
An interesting topic, especially since what is remembered before the camera is only recorded in writing and paintings. Paintings are certainly the interpretation of the artist and are subject to the skill of the painter. The camera just records what's there, good and bad.

It would certainly be interesting to look at major, inconic photographs that define our history. I'm sure you could come up with a few.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It sounds like an interesting topic but make sure that you have a clear historiographical issue and not just doing a basic anaylsis of some photos.

Carmen909

HSC
Okay cool, I think I'll look into it a bit more.. Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)