suicide as an injury/mental health (1 Viewer)

Mannie

HSC
I was just wondering if any one was able to help me with my assessement task.- Suicide- Fact sheet: nature/extent of problem(How does it affect the person, 5 aspects of health), risk factors and social determinants, groups at risk.
Supplementary report: - personel health skills that promote/maintain health, health promoting actions that promote social justice, key issues affecting health of Australians specific to suicide, appliies ottawa charter to suicide.

Any help, advice or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mannie

HSC
Hey thanks for the links. Yeah i have all but finished now. just wondering if you know of where i can find the lastest stats and trends (post 1998), Cause the ones i have found seem out dated. thanks again

Mannie

HSC
Thanks so much for all your help. Just one more query. I am unsure on a range of personel health skills that promote/maintain health relevant to suicide. For example ( in relation to CVD) Consume a diet low in salt and fat, also only drink alcohol in moderation. Thanks gain.

Mannie

HSC
Hey.

I was just wondering whether you would be able to have a look at my first question-(Fact sheet)- Where should i post it?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
oh on a side note. .
for common risk factors for suicide (SAD PERSONS)

Sex (Males> Female in completed; Females>Males in Attempts)
Age (Adolescent and 35-40 and 60+)
Depressed Mood
Previous Attempts
Ethanol Abuse (Alcohol abuse)
Rational Thinking Loss
Social Support loss
Organised Plan
No Spouse
Sickness (chronic illness e.g. terminal cancer)

5 of them puts a person at high risk..

u should be able to attach it as part of a post :)

Mannie

HSC
Q.1/ Prepare a fact sheet suitable for educating your peers about suicide. It is to be one A4 page only( front and reverse). Required information includes:-
* Nature of the problem
* Extent of the problem
* Risk factors and social determinants
* Groups at risk
Where do i find the skills for mental health? Thanks.
Hey,
I was able to find the health promoting skills. However i now am unsure as to this question in relation to suicide. Q.2 (c) Critically analyse key issues affecting health of Australians in this specific area of health. (i really am unsure). I have prob. just over thought it too much!
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)