Suicide (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In deserted outskirts of sinister reasoning, thou
HSC
Poo Muffin said:
Wow, my condolences to those that knew her and her family. The Board of Studies is responsible for a death.
If I was a lawyer I would sue them because they know of the stress, and they know of the ammount of suicides which has occured as a direct result of the HSC, yet they still haven't 'done' anything to reduce the stress for the students which will be doing the HSC.

During the 6th-10th of Novermber I will have to take 4 tests of subjects which are difficult, technical and involve alot of memory based responses to questions.

Biology, Chemistry, IPT and Legal Studies. (By far not the logical bunch to cram into 5 days like that.)

Edit:
Actually I have made a mistake and I apologise to the Board of Studies. However, I will not completly delete the entirety of the post because some still bares relevance.

I just realised that they do have alot of things in place to protect students including; a magazine which prospects students to think of the future rather then the present; an advice line which lets students communicate with expert teachers who have all trained in pscyhology; a website dedicated to allowing students to see their timetable and information at a glance; and a fair system where students who have an disadvantage when entering the HSC can apply for a misadventure.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
thats fuckn catastrophic and devastating to tell you the truth... all the potential of an 18 year old girl... condolescences go out to her friends and family...

somethings gotta b done about this HSC... it's too serious... i really dont like how they work us up to make the "HSC" the "be all end all" exam...

RIP beautiful....

In deserted outskirts of sinister reasoning, thou
HSC
Odetosimplicity said:
did anyone else cry when they looked at her myspace? :(
its just soo sad....
No... not really.

We have to look at the bright side of life instead of the negative side. I honestly didn't know her and therefore have no right to be particularly sad. (as I have my own ordeal to face), It does phase you though that at the end of what is the HSC was so near, she decided to take the easy way out. My condolences go out to her friends and family.

People often make the mistake in believing that suicide is "When a person kills themself." I believe that suicide is "When a person kills the ones that care about them and love them." It's a difference in opinion and even though Riet, myself and others have that belief it is ours to have. I don't need to know the person to have my opinion on them. It is what she did, and if you are particularly saddened because you knew her then it proves my point.

I hope that the people who are effected may have the courage and the bravery to continue living the way they did prior to this happening. My condolences go out to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickem

RÎçkõ
HSC
RIP Lil

Hope that we don't have anyone else doing something like that... poor girl...

hscwillbehell

HSC
The Logical One said:
No... not really.

We have to look at the bright side of life instead of the negative side. I honestly didn't know her and therefore have no right to be particularly sad. (as I have my own ordeal to face), It does phase you though that at the end of what is the HSC was so near, she decided to take the easy way out. My condolences go out to her friends and family.

People often make the mistake in believing that suicide is "When a person kills themself." I believe that suicide is "When a person kills the ones that care about them and love them." It's a difference in opinion and even though Riet, myself and others have that belief it is ours to have. I don't need to know the person to have my opinion on them. It is what she did, and if you are particularly saddened because you knew her then it proves my point.

I hope that the people who are effected may have the courage and the bravery to continue living the way they did prior to this happening. My condolences go out to you.
The HSC does not simply encapsulate the difficulties people face .. If it were something external which triggered her to do this, would she be taking the easy way out? Suicide is not an easy way out, it's a means for someone to attain relief, which most often may be deemed selfish .. but you don't know her (and I do think you need to know her); she may have suffered a health issue, a disorder of some sort, abuse, domestic violence - perhaps the HSC was instrumental in elevating her anxiety, but it is by no means her fault and I don't think her intention would have been to hurt those who love her (unless, they were hurting her) .. her control over the factors which stimulated this surpassed her and she made that choice.

I do agree people have different perspectives and I can comprehend and appreciate yours - but when you say you don't need to know the person, I think you may be a bit at fault.

I've contemplated suicide many a time over the past two years and my desire to follow through has been elevated by the HSC; yet, hindered because as you say, I sincerely do not want to hurt the people I love. Perhaps I may lose this control sometime, but for now, I will "bear the whips and scorns of time", as Hamlet would say.

My condolences to her family and friends, and may she be at peace, wherever she may be.

Last edited by a moderator:

wazzaisaweirdo

HSC
Oh my goondess. I'm so sorry to hear this. The HSC isn't the end of the world. I hope everyone on here also realises that.

RIP.

Lauren

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
hscwillbehell said:
I've contemplated suicide many a time over the past two years and my desire to follow through has been elevated by the HSC; yet, hindered because as you say, I sincerely do not want to hurt the people I love. Perhaps I may lose this control sometime, but for now, I will "bear the whips and scorns of time", as Hamlet would say.
Suicide is not an issue to be flippant about. If you are feeling depressed, PLEASE seek help. Talk to people. Your friends, family, go see a counsellor. Please reach out.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Re: How sad...she committed suicide yesterday :(

misstoyou said:
How can you presume to know what is inside another person? You have never even met Lily but you saw fit to post this without due consideration to the people who knew and loved her, who browse this site and could come across your arrogant views. Every person has their breaking point; that does not place you above or below Lily, she reacted to her situation as she saw fit, we will never know what prompted her action but it is not for you to judge. This is a terrible time for the people who knew Lily without you publishing your self-righteous opinions.
Learn to read. I've been through hard stuff too, significantly more difficult than the HSC. If that's the reason why she did it that's just pathetic. Yes I feel sorry for you and her family and friends but I will judge her.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

Riet said:
Learn to read. I've been through hard stuff too, significantly more difficult than the HSC. If that's the reason why she did it that's just pathetic. Yes I feel sorry for you and her family and friends but I will judge her.
You cannot compare your experience to someone you know nothing about. No one kills themselves solely over the HSC. Even if someone were to, there would obviously be things going on for them internally to feel bad enough about the HSC to end their life. How dare you call a situation like that "pathetic".

wytcpl

HSC

misstoyou said:
How can you presume to know what is inside another person? You have never even met Lily but you saw fit to post this without due consideration to the people who knew and loved her, who browse this site and could come across your arrogant views. Every person has their breaking point; that does not place you above or below Lily, she reacted to her situation as she saw fit, we will never know what prompted her action but it is not for you to judge. This is a terrible time for the people who knew Lily without you publishing your self-righteous opinions.
Just as every one has their breaking point, so does everyone have their right to express their opinion. You are the one coming across with your arrogant view that unless your post does not contain heartfelt condolences, it should not exist.

I think Lily was the one who had no consideration to the people who knew and loved her, not Riet. Riet doesn't even know the people who knew and loved Lily, so why whould he even consider them?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

dagwoman said:
You cannot compare your experience to someone you know nothing about. No one kills themselves solely over the HSC. Even if someone were to, there would obviously be things going on for them internally to feel bad enough about the HSC to end their life. How dare you call a situation like that "pathetic".
I think I can actually. I'm assuming there was much more too it than the HSC, and I as I said if that's the case then I would be more compassionate. When I say pathetic I'm making a generalised statement, not specifically directed at her, because as you say - I don't know the full story.

I do know however that my mum passed away at the start of 2005 and since then I've had to help my dad significantly at home, take care of my sister and also study for school. Have I contemplated suicide? Of course not. I can't think of any circumstance in which suicide is justified, except one of those save the world hypotheticals maybe.

I'll reitterate that my condolences go out to her friend's and family but I still believe that it's naive to say that I can't pass judgement on her. There is always someone to talk to and from what I can tell she had many friends who would have listened. Many people go through extreme hardships everyday and they don't all commit suicide. If that was the case human's would have never made it to where we are today. There is no way of getting around the fact that to follow through with a selfish act such as this shows weakness of character.

Pieces of Me

HSC

I don't want to sound like I don't care or anything because I feel really sorry for Lil and everyone who knew her but I was just wondering how she died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)