suitably mind-numbing, but interesting enough? (1 Viewer)

MissGeorgie

can anyone give me the name of some books that anren't too in depth but are relatively interesting. i can't be bothered to face a challenging book right now. :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Kissing in Manhattan by DAVID SCHICKLER- Relatively stylish easy reading with some weird and wonderful twists. Only a couple of hundred pages as well.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Kerouac eh? His name comes up a lot amongst my arts friends but I haven't gotten around to him yet. What's he like?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It also depends on what's easy reading for you normally. What do you usually tend to read?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
jim_green said:
Kerouac eh? His name comes up a lot amongst my arts friends but I haven't gotten around to him yet. What's he like?
Kerouac came recommended by spin spin sugar, the hottest, indelibly scrumptious BOS member youll ever come across. Im digressing. Kerouac is great. Read On The Road.

MissGeorgie

jim_green said:
It also depends on what's easy reading for you normally. What do you usually tend to read?
um....... anything really......by easy reading i mean not too deep and mentally challenging subject matter.......i need some light interesting reading

kaylz

HSC
read a short history of nearly everything by bill bryson. it covers some complex material but is made very accessible. very interesting.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Light entertaining reading is something I enjoy... one of the books I loved was Nick Earls' "48 Shades of Brown"

kaylz

HSC
Raiks said:
Light entertaining reading is something I enjoy... one of the books I loved was Nick Earls' "48 Shades of Brown"
that book was gaylord. and i think that the "suitably mind-numbing" part of the title sounded intelligent and borderline witty in the mind of the poster, but really it just didn't translate all that well onto the screen. i ignored it.

MissGeorgie

kaylz said:
that book was gaylord. and i think that the "suitably mind-numbing" part of the title sounded intelligent and borderline witty in the mind of the poster, but really it just didn't translate all that well onto the screen. i ignored it.

righto, wasnt going for witty or intelligent, but hey, think what you will. i was more hoping for a way to describe the kind of book im after =)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami served this purpose wonderfully for me. I don't know if it's for you though, it's about a 37 year old man's midlife crisis. Beautifully written, but I've always had doubts about whether girls would enjoy Haruki Murakami as much as guys.

m_isk

HSC
N/A
the harry potters are great for this, i reckon.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
try some humorous poetry. Adam Ford's poems are a good place to start - read "Not Quite the Man for the Job". 'tis cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)