• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
wtf? You sit at 30km/h and you'll pass. If you can't visually monitor your speed, then you shouldn't be on the road. Also, if you can't watch your speed on the meter and watch the road, you also should not be on the road.

Yes. Better luck next time though.

amber44

HSC
Silver Persian said:
haha yeah...natural selection in action

The problem is, it takes so much effort watching the speedometer and making sure that you are under 40km/h that you end up being distracted from what's actually on the road in front of you.
Ahh, bummer about the fail. Maybe you need those cars that beam the speedo onto the front windshield...
Is there a grace period before you can attempt to go again?

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
wtf? You sit at 30km/h and you'll pass. If you can't visually monitor your speed, then you shouldn't be on the road. Also, if you can't watch your speed on the meter and watch the road, you also should not be on the road.

Yes. Better luck next time though.
It's hard to keep your speed down tho when everyone else is breaking the 40km/h law and when you've been sailing along at 50-60 :( But today I just didn't see the school zone at all :(

amber44 said:
Ahh, bummer about the fail. Maybe you need those cars that beam the speedo onto the front windshield...
Is there a grace period before you can attempt to go again?
The rta driving tests are booked out until mid January, so I'll have to wait almost a month :(

kokodamonkey

HSC
Don't feel ashamed that you can't drive, one goes under a lot of stress and anxiety when sitting their driving test... I failed the first time because i forgot to put the car back into drive after completing a 3point turn so i went straight up onto the footpath.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
They should relax and test you according to what is normal and what everyone does at some point so less people have accidents doing it imo.

E.g. Multitasking. Everyone eventually ends up steering with one hand and keeping half an eye on the road while they fiddle with the radio and try to find their parking ticket or something, so they should test that. Not fail you for improper wheel-holding ettiquette or whatever.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes come have fun on a day that I'm der and you can get my autograph.

post a picture of your poker face ey bitch

kokodamonkey

HSC
Even a blind person can call Mel's bluff. OWCH!

in other news a friend of mine died in a car crash yesterday it was in the papers today etc. shameful. He wasn't even speeding or anything some random car ran into him. There was a chic in the car too, trying to find out who it was whether or not it was his gf or not because i know her too (actually introduced them) so if it was her i hope shes okay too the newspaper etc said she survived.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The car that hit into him was speeding. Tragic. :(

I hope lily is okay, if it was her

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no results notices. no way were they sent out on the 17th.

HSC
kokodamonkey said:

in other news a friend of mine died in a car crash yesterday it was in the papers today etc. shameful. He wasn't even speeding or anything some random car ran into him. There was a chic in the car too, trying to find out who it was whether or not it was his gf or not because i know her too (actually introduced them) so if it was her i hope shes okay too the newspaper etc said she survived.
That sucks :(! Hope your other friend is ok :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
kokodamonkey said:

:S that sucks. hope you're ok

anyone know when we get our enrolment confirmations in the mail?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
kokodamonkey said:

that is awful.

seriously worst nightmare there. hope the girl is okay.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Rafy said:
The car that hit into him was speeding. Tragic. :(

I hope lily is okay, if it was her
I Presume it would be Lily but i haven't been able to get in contact with her... and i wasn't able to go to the funeral either because i was working.

HSC
Mine was ok...lots of awkward conversations with distant relatives, and I injured my hand playing tennis on my cousin's wii. But i got some good presents and had a good time on Christmas day.

V. much looking forward to NYE ^_^

kokodamonkey

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Mine was ok...lots of awkward conversations with distant relatives, and I injured my hand playing tennis on my cousin's wii. But i got some good presents and had a good time on Christmas day.

V. much looking forward to NYE ^_^
i find it funny that people get injured from playing nintendo wii.

kokodamonkey

HSC
When is it that like the times for classes for next year are up online ( i don't mean individual timetables just like all the times for classes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)