• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Summer Dresses (1 Viewer)

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Oh Alby I'm sure your legs aren't ugly, plus there are heaps of below the knee dresses that are gorgeous!

Ahhh yes MunkyBiznness (cafe????) i found the bag just after i posted and was like gah, idiot. They do give awsome bags though!!

And I have never actually shopped at valley girl... don't even know where valley girl is.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Hahah yes I agree, unless you have a fantastic body.

Otherwise they make you looker preggers.

God, have to rummage through a heap to avoid those.
ohmigod yeah. i bought a top that i *thought* was normally shaped (i didn't bother trying it on, whoops, last time i do that) and when i wore it for the first time i realised it was one of those stupid things. it looked so normal on the rack, and then that happened :( like, it looks okay, or at least it doesn't make me look pregnant, but it completely hides any curves that i have so i look all 'straight up and down' like i dont have a waist :s

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
..Small girls should go vintage shopping, the sizes are way smaller, I usually fit into a 12 in those sizes but I'm an 8-10 in today's sizes.

I have bought tiny dresses and given them as gifts to a friend of mine who is a small size 6, and 8-10 fits her easily.

And what FireFlower says is right, you can alter dresses to fit you better.
Or if you go to Thailand you can bring all your clothes that need altering and get them done for less than 50c each.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Serious Sarah?

Come shopping with me. I'm a size 8 and I keep finding skirts too small or short for me.

Also, I'm so not a fan of the fact that the trends are balloon dresses and the ones the wrap your boobs and then "rest of dress". Not everyone can pull it off, and I'm irritated that everyone tries to.
yeah i dont find those 'balloon dresses' as you call them attractive.

Summer dresses[nice ones] are hot as though, keep it simple, no fancy patterns or anything, and if you find a nice block colour buy it.

Just my opinion on what i think looks good, different things look good on different people though.

Rinni

HSC
<3 summer dresses, only problem is living in port macquarie theres limited option of where to buy them and I'm really indecisive when it comes to buying dresses. I can't decide if i like the dress until after I've left the shop...so annoying :mad1:

HSC
Serius said:
Summer dresses[nice ones] are hot as though, keep it simple, no fancy patterns or anything, and if you find a nice block colour buy it.
Summer dresses are nothing without fancy patterns! Scowl. Except for a plain peach coloured one of mine. Love, love, love.

I'm so glad that dresses are in this season. They are easy to put on and provides us with much needed ventilation. All hail the dress.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
earlier tonight, i went looking through my dress up collection from when i was a kid..was searching for anything i could wear to my bf's 21st (bogans & sheilas theme) and i found a dress which doesnt look too bad on me. pretty good score imo.
black with small white polka dots, buttons down to my waist, goes to just below the knee, nice cut at the top. pic (excuse the photo...preggers-looking because it cuts in just above my belly, plus bad angle)

HSC
N/A
I am loving summer dresses at the moment, although I have decided I need more than two. They are perfect for those days where it's like: "damn, too hot to wear clothes" *spies dress* "oh perfect I'll wear this!"

Last edited:

cuppy

HSC
N/A
what shoes go best with a summer dress?

i wear havaianas with almost everything as i have a pair to match my whole wardrobe but i'm sure theres a better option out there somewhere.

HSC
N/A
I love my havianas as well (so easy to slip on), although a nice heel (not too high, not too thin either) might be nice to dress it up a bit, like if you're going to a fancy cafe for lunch or something.

lengy

HSC
Flats? You know those cute ballet shaped shoes, very cute and suit some of those dresses. Summer dresses suit thongs/sandals/heels and stuff.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
thx guys. what do u think of those flat ankle strap shoes? i don't know what they're called but theres a load of straps which go just above your ankle and i've seen some in gold and silver.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
sorry for spam... but i spent the longest time at the thread overview wondering why i had posted in summer dresses?

then i realised it was cuppy. my god im dyslexic.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
cuppy said:
thx guys. what do u think of those flat ankle strap shoes? i don't know what they're called but theres a load of straps which go just above your ankle and i've seen some in gold and silver.
oh jesus sandals. i want them but in high heel form

lengy

HSC
what do you call those? but yeah i was trying to say that those suit dresses really well.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
cuppas said:
sorry for spam... but i spent the longest time at the thread overview wondering why i had posted in summer dresses?

then i realised it was cuppy. my god im dyslexic.
lmao it happens to the best of us cuppas

HSC
N/A
cuppy said:
I love them but I'm on the short side so they just cut off the line of my leg :(

If I could find some in brown though, and with a bit of a heel... (found a nice pair in Mollini but alas they have run out of size 5's!!! dammit!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)