Summer holiday job? (1 Viewer)

Summer job?

• Total voters

youngminii

Banned
HSC
So, the big break is coming up (in like 5 weeks..)
I know it's a bit early but, I was wondering if it's okay to get a summer job?
Obviously studying is my main priority but, I'm strapped for cash and I was thinking, a few weeks of hard labour would gimme enough money to last me throughout the whole year..
If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Surely you wouldn't study ALL the time, and it would be easy to balance work with study?

OhNivlek2

HSC
I would! But it's just that i never find any :mini!

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
yeah i reckon.
you can still fit heaps of study in.

Kimblor

HSC
It's incredibly easy to have a part time job and still study, especially if you work during the big holidays

During the school term, my school in particular condemns working more than 10 hours per week, which is fair enough I guess

You can still work at least 2 days (like I do). Of course that's only if you want to keep working.

Plus, with casual jobs you usually give them days/hours that you can/can't or simply won't work, and they comply (for the most part - depends where you go I guess)
I work at KFC and I know that when it comes close to exams like trials/hsc all the year 12's take heaps of time off to study and prepare
...and if my KFC store is like that then I'm sure other places would be just as understanding (Y)

so if you want money, go ahead :)

that, and they're good for social experiences etc.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
youngminii said:
Obviously studying is my main priority but, I'm strapped for cash and I was thinking, a few weeks of hard labour would gimme enough money to last me throughout the whole year..
If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Surely you wouldn't study ALL the time, and it would be easy to balance work with study?
1) Its not early, actually it's quite late to be looking for a job for the Christmas holidays. Most places which would require Christmas casuals finished hiring about a month ago.
2) Of course you can work and study. It's not like it hasn't been done, so just find a good balance for yourself.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah, get a job. I mean, it's not like you will study everyday for long period of time during holidays.

But I won't get a job personally because I am a bit lazy getting myself for job application and I don't need money...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
youngminii said:
It not a bad idea to start working and studying at the same time considering you're probably gonna end up doing it anyway once you start uni. Only real thing you need to consider is whether you can actually find a job in 5 weeks. If you can, good stuff because it'll mainly teach you how to more properly manage your time.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
youngminii said:
Don't quote me on this, as I have no sources:
12 hours of work a week is proven to be beneficial to your HSC. Too much over 12 hours and it distracts from your study, etc.

It is EASY to ballance work and study. Just, if your wanting to have a break for exams and come back to the job, make sure you're there long enough and have a certain level of trust before asking. I know people who had their hours scaled down massively after the HSC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)