Summer Holiday Study (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
This is what I have to do in the holidays............nothing well that's not true I can do anything I want and have 100% no school work at all to do :p, except decided what I want to do next year etc.

<3 being finished the HSC! :p

jazzmuzik

HSC
Holiday study?

Considering most schools now have 6 or so weeks of Christmas/New Year holidays now
just wondering what your doing as far as study goes.

Im reading my texts for this coming term and revising last term's work

how much study are you all doing in this break, none?, some?, heaps?

:santa: :read: :confused:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Re: Holiday study?

-getting all my notes up to scratch
-finishing assessments

-reading texts for english

yeah.

shane23q06

HSC

Hey man wassup Im from Fairfield Pats
umm holidays study!! call me crazy but i've sorta made a timetable for the holidays...2 hours each day .. one subject a day....im just going over what i did from last term and heading into janurary id like to sort of go ahead with my work...so i'll be pretty much all sorted out for half yearlies
what about you man?

jazzmuzik

HSC

shane23q06 said:
umm holidays study!! call me crazy but i've sorta made a timetable for the holidays...2 hours each day .. one subject a day....im just going over what i did from last term and heading into janurary id like to sort of go ahead with my work...so i'll be pretty much all sorted out for half yearlies
what about you man?
Yeah..like you, call me a nerd bu i have lists and plans on my walls of "To Do's" i luckily dont have any assessments so its all REVISION REVISION REVISION for me. I'm not doing full on study everyday cause its holidays after all but i don't want to forget everything. (i have a lot of texts to read also) and i'll try and work ahead on japanese and ext.english..which need the most work

(Another thing, i'm trying not to feel pressure by everyone on BOS saying i'm doing 20 hrs of study etc. cause the ones on this site are probably those most interested in hsc anyway..there are thousands who dont bother joining sites such as these, who probably wont study as much

ballin

Banned
HSC

haha! i have a "To Do" list for the holidays. so far nothing has been ticked off.

but yeah its mostly reading any texts i have (english and extension + modern) and just getting my notes in order.

kloudsurfer

HSC
xoxo said:
i have so much to do!

- 8 novels to read and annotate
- history extension project
- modern history study notes
- 8+ chapters of maths revision/past papers etc
- 2000+ word short story
- LOTS of italian study

i have this plan in my head that i will do all this plus start my study notes etc etc....but i HIGHLY doubt that it will happen
i think im gonna kinda take it easy up until chrissy but then i am aiming to put aside at LEAST an hour each day to do something
ughh just thinking about it makes me wanna scream

merry christmas everyone
xoxo
8 novels?!?! For what subjects?

Anyway, I have:
-2 assesments - English and Modern History
-3 books to read - 1 for english and 2 for ext.
-A topic of maths that i missed when i was sick
-Half a Biology topic because my class is so behind because my teacher is useless and we are no where near finishing it.
-Lots of modern homework that i havent done because i never do modern homework because i think its boring.
-Study notes for chem, bio and modern
-Start my EE2 major work (hah!)

Eddieshort

HSC
Wackedupwacko said:
x.x i lived an hour away from school but i wont be gettn state rankings this year :( o wait but the fact i have a good chance at 99uai doing no work this year... mayb that pays off :p

bak on topic : do not try and over study in the summer holidays.... its called holidays for a reason. and dont bother studying trial materials, make sure your tests up to the trials are covered first. see what happens is by the time your trial rolls around .. all that stuff from the tests before becomes easier to study for (aka just jogg the memory) same applies for hsc. i found that the actual hsc was less nerve racking to study for than the trials.

so just do some light study and it doesnt even have to be daily. make sure u have plenty of time to do "fun" activities cuz thats what holidays are for.

on a completely rdm note.. WTF is up with sydneys weather >.> its december and we ve had a couple of freezing days =/
Why brag? As if you will get 99 with no work. And even if you do what is the point in attempting to lower others (those who work really hard and will not get this kind of mark) self-esteem????

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It's going to be interesting to see who actually completes some, all or none of their holiday homework\study plans. What I did this year I probably don’t recommend as it makes the final week pretty stressful but all the assessments I had to do I worked on during the last two weeks of holidays and my marks all worked out, so just depends on the person.

What I don't recommend is for you to be all out studying unless of course you have test\exams coming straight up after the holidays, as their is plenty of time to get into a good study pattern or do like most HSC students do and cram...that is if you are an affective crammer.

G

gaoOO

pritnep said:
It's going to be interesting to see who actually completes some, all or none of their holiday homework\study plans.
ok, i'll make one now and aim to keep it :p (unlikely. i've learnt that cramming is quite effective)

So, i'll read all my english texts and make some brief notes on each of them. I will catch up on all the homework i... er... somehow forgot to do... i will finish my assessments due in term 1 and the first draft of my english ext 2 major work.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

http://community.boredofstudies.org/671/general-discussion-2007-hsc/129605/summer-holiday-study.html

Lists & study plans? If anything these holidays should be more free study\reading\assessment completing. The rest of the holidays from her on in you will have half yearlies to prepare, trials and the HSC to prepare for and then you are going to wonder why you studied throughout these holidays.

I think some of you 07ers need to put things into perspective, many 06ers and previous HSC years can vouch that the summer holidays were probably where they were at their least productive and actually had a holiday instead of studying as there is three more sets of holidays for that.

My advice to you and whether you take it or not is up to you but even the 06ers with top marks will agree with me - ENJOY these holidays. Yes if you have texts to read and major works to work on then sure do them, but don’t spend days on end, try to keep a minimum amount of hours on school work just make sure it is productive.

As for reading\studying ahead personally I think it is pointless and the amount you read ahead will seem almost a waste when your class quickly catches up, especially when you don't have a teacher to explain, go over and highlight what you need to know.

People on BOS aren't always telling the whole truth when they talk about doing 20 hours of study each week and the truth of the matter is not everyone needs to study for hours on end. The length of study time is different to each student as each student has different methods of study.

Anyway enjoy the holiday, good luck and I hope you will heed my advice as it is from past experience.

jazzmuzik

HSC

pritnep said:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/671/general-discussion-2007-hsc/129605/summer-holiday-study.html

Lists & study plans? If anything these holidays should be more free study\reading\assessment completing. The rest of the holidays from her on in you will have half yearlies to prepare, trials and the HSC to prepare for and then you are going to wonder why you studied throughout these holidays.

I think some of you 07ers need to put things into perspective, many 06ers and previous HSC years can vouch that the summer holidays were probably where they were at their least productive and actually had a holiday instead of studying as there is three more sets of holidays for that.

My advice to you and whether you take it or not is up to you but even the 06ers with top marks will agree with me - ENJOY these holidays. Yes if you have texts to read and major works to work on then sure do them, but don’t spend days on end, try to keep a minimum amount of hours on school work just make sure it is productive.

As for reading\studying ahead personally I think it is pointless and the amount you read ahead will seem almost a waste when your class quickly catches up, especially when you don't have a teacher to explain, go over and highlight what you need to know.

People on BOS aren't always telling the whole truth when they talk about doing 20 hours of study each week and the truth of the matter is not everyone needs to study for hours on end. The length of study time is different to each student as each student has different methods of study.

Anyway enjoy the holiday, good luck and I hope you will heed my advice as it is from past experience.
Thanks Pritnep for your advice,
i guess you confirmed what i was really wondering..."Is it worth it right now?".
Despite your advice i probably will still revise and read ahead a bit, but at the same time i wont stress out about it. I'm going away for a week of proper holiday anyway so thats a relaxing week off and a have a number of parties to attend. I just dont want to forget stuff, ie how to write etc.
anyway thanks for the advice, i'll take it on
jazz:uhhuh:

nitnit

HSC

Teachers gave us holiday homework =="

So, i guess the holidays will be half spent studying and just typing notes for my half yearlies and of course preparing for the assessmark tasks in wk2!

have a merry merry xms everyone!! :santa:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

Your welcome. :)

Well that's good to hear, I doubt you will forget anything once you get thrown back into study\assessment next term you remember everything pretty quickly. Just limit your time to schoolwork but enough to get things done but not so much that you spends hours each day and enjoy these holidays although they are not the last holidays of freedom the amount of time you have off I s high with little commitments.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC

shane23q06 said:
what about you man?
Make yourself any more obvious ;)

I'm doing shit all till the packages for Cosmology comes, or the Christmas break is over, whichever one comes first :)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC

I've already bludged the first week into the hols. ... Well, ok, I know officially hols only starts today, but...heh. *shifty eyes* :p

And I'm off with my family + uncle's family + aunt's family for the next two weeks or so, so not much studying expected :p Then I probably should prepare for NMSS, which starts on the 7th and ends on the 20th, leaving just over a week for other school stuff. ... Oh. ... Damn. <.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)