Summer Internships for 2018/2019 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi guys,

Just a little bit about myself:
- doing commerce
- finished first year this year (2017)
- have a wam in the 80s
- next year is my penultimate year (2018)
- majoring in finance and accounting

So, my questions are:
- When should I apply or when are the applications released for 2018/19 summer internships?
- What wam is required for investment bank?
- What wam is required for the big 4 banks?
- When the company considers your wam, do they care about your wam you have when you start the application or your wam later on?
- Do they look at marks individually (e.g. have a stronger focus on finance subjects than others) or just care about wam or maybe both?

(sorry if I have posted in the wrong area)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
When should I apply or when are the applications released for 2018/19 summer internships?

The Big 4 accounting firms and other accounting firms open their applications at the beginning of the year - around February/March.

However, the Big 4 accounting firms also tend to do mid-year intakes.

The Big 4 banks and the investment banks open mid-year around.

What wam is required for investment bank?

There's no real 'requirement' and it depends on your degree. 80+ tends to be competitive.

What wam is required for the big 4 banks?

The official minimum requirement is credit average (65) but a competitive WAM depends on what you apply for, your degree and other factors.

When the company considers your wam, do they care about your wam you have when you start the application or your wam later on?

Whatever academic transcript you submitted.

Do they look at marks individually (e.g. have a stronger focus on finance subjects than others) or just care about wam or maybe both?

I'd say the overall WAM initially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)