Summer School?? (1 Viewer)

felix the cat11

Pirate Love
HSC
firstly, if there such a thing?????

ive heard about it from my aunty, she said its an easy way to fastrack your uni days.
the reason why im so intersted in this is becaause im doing combined laws (fin/law) and i wish to take a leave of absence from semester 2 to go overseas. the problem here is, in law you have to do legal syst: part A and, crim: part A in first semester then follow it up with the part b's for each subject in semester 2. i talked to some law students and they said they didnt recommend having a break from it as it is designed for you to go straight into the part b's. therefore me taking all that time off, would leave me with apx a year to forget all i learned in the part a's.

sooooooooo........

can someone tell me about summer school? or direct me somewhere or to someone who can. i think taking my leave of absence then returning to do part b's in november, for instance, would be yummy indeed.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

chow.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Yes there is such a thing
i'm doing it now for one of my business subjects
accounting transactions
it basically happens in dec/jan
you do a 13 week course in about half the time

But you will have to find out if those subjects are available in summer school because not all subjects are offered.

SweetSeasons

HSC
some uni's don't offer it, or offer only some subjects for some ppl..

eg: I wanted to do one of my units in summer school, but they only offered it for computer majors... and I'm a technology major..

it's so gay, I hate 4 months holidays.. uni should be in trimesters not semesters.. you'd get your degree done a year quicker!

felix the cat11

Pirate Love
HSC
oohlala but the holidays must be a rhomp. do u think newcastle uni would offer summer school for crim laws and legal syst part B's????
where can i find out the uni website has nothing about it

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
felix the cat11 said:
oohlala but the holidays must be a rhomp. do u think newcastle uni would offer summer school for crim laws and legal syst part B's????
where can i find out the uni website has nothing about it
You could try calling them. Do they have an infoline or something?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The three hour lectures and two hour tutorials in a row got to me, therefore I didn't quite enjoy it.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
treelovinhippie said:
The only problem with summer session is you're essentially giving up 3 months of holiday :)
for me:
It was only dec and jan
plus you got from dec 18-jan 8 off
then class 8-18th
then 18th you finished
my final exam is tomorrow on the 6th

I wish i didn't waste so much time from the 18th til the 6th :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)