Summer Vacation Internship's 2017/2018 (1 Viewer)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I had to google who did any one of the awards.
To be fair, putting the Logies as the lead awards show in that list was stupid.

It's the Logies. My bottled farts would be more respected.

Blit, I'll inbox you some AC stuff in the morning. I'm going to attempt to remember how I got my offers; I think I must be okay at ACS and interviews considering my grades are horrific. :lol: Is being able to talk to strangers and not being nervous AF an appropriate tip or not?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Blit, I'll inbox you some AC stuff in the morning. I'm going to attempt to remember how I got my offers; I think I must be okay at ACS and interviews considering my grades are horrific. :lol: Is being able to talk to strangers and not being nervous AF an appropriate tip or not?
Pretty sure thats a reasonable tip ;)

Also Ferrier Hodgson has done some? ACs but most people have been rejected if they did an AC.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I either just missed an acceptance or a rejection.

God I'm shaking and really annoyed at myself for bothering to shower!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
To be fair, putting the Logies as the lead awards show in that list was stupid.

Everyone makes mistakes.
look guys if you work for pwc, just say so

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
PwC is doing last assessment centres.

Crowe Howarth has started to call people.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Grant Thornton did a Vacationer Assessment Centre this week.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Deloitte is giving offers
So is PwC this week
Crowe Howarth is inviting people to interviews
Kordamentha is doing interviews with managers atm

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
can non-commerce ppl do these intern?

im chem engo
Yes, banks like STEM degrees as well (you don't get much diversity of views/thoughts if your whole team is comm/law...). Just make sure you are able to articulate why you want to work in finance and not in engineering, and also be able to prove your interest in finance.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
can non-commerce ppl do these intern?

im chem engo
Yes, banks like STEM degrees as well (you don't get much diversity of views/thoughts if your whole team is comm/law...). Just make sure you are able to articulate why you want to work in finance and not in engineering, and also be able to prove your interest in finance.
Don't need a Commerce degree for many of these positions.

There's definitely Arts, Engineering, Psychology, etc. students in the various service lines of the accounting firms and banks. I've even heard a story of an Optometry student who got into Assurance at one of the Big 4.

Last edited:

pumpNdump

HSC
N/A
wow u learn something everyday. but wont the firms expect u to know some financial concepts? i dun know any finance concepts but i can show interest in it by general knowledge? is this enoug?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
wow u learn something everyday. but wont the firms expect u to know some financial concepts? i dun know any finance concepts but i can show interest in it by general knowledge? is this enoug?
The Big 4 accounting firms ask mainly motivational and behavioural questions (and sometimes a commercial awareness question but that's more about understanding what's happening in the world and how that can affect the industry rather than technical concepts).

The investment banks do ask technical finance questions in their interviews but it's definitely possible to self-learn that stuff from what I hear.

pumpNdump

HSC
N/A
The Big 4 accounting firms ask mainly motivational and behavioural questions (and sometimes a commercial awareness question but that's more about understanding what's happening in the world and how that can affect the industry rather than technical concepts).

The investment banks do ask technical finance questions in their interviews but it's definitely possible to self-learn that stuff from what I hear.
i will research all roles to see which suits me. thxx!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)